The Truth

Everyone were gathered in the living room of the Salvatore Boarding house. Everyone means Elena, Stefan, Damon, Caroline, Bonnie and Jeremy. "So Victoria what did you want to tell us?" Elena asked concerned. I can do this Victoria thought. "Okay I called you guys here to tell you a story" Victoria said. "A story?" Jeremy asked. "It will be useful one, Jeremy" Victoria said. "Its the story about the Originals" Victoria said and everyone looked eager to hear now. "Continue" Bonnie said.

"About 1500 years ago there was a family who lived in Europe. After the death of their first daughter due to plague, Esther and Mikael fled Europe with their oldest son Finn and unborn child to America. They settled here in Mystic Falls. They had seven children totally. Finn, Elijah, Klaus, Kol, Rebekah, Henrik and another girl who is Klaus' twin sister.They are the Mikaelsons.

They lived next to werewolves. They were like neighbors to them. They changed only on the full moon so everyone else in the whole village would stay inside their houses.

But Klaus and Henrik wanted to see how they transformed, changed into beasts. So one full moon they wandered outside to see the wolves. Klaus survived but Henrik didn't. One werewolf attacked Henrik. Klaus brought him back to their house and asked his mother to help.Esther was a witch. She was considered the greatest witch of that time. She had a friend named Ayana who was a witch as well. They tried but they couldn't save Henrik..." Victoria choked.

"That night Mikael and Esther decided that they could not lose anymore of their children and that they needed their children to be more powerful, better senses, stronger and faster to protect themselves. Thus Esther turned her husband and their children into vampires. That day was the last day that they lived as humans. That night Mikael had mixed the blood of the original doppelganger Tatia into their drinks. Then he drove his sword into the heart of all his children. Thus killing them.

When they woke up due to their mothers spell they were in transition. Mikael forced all of them to drink the blood of an innocent girl whose hand he had cut.All of them ended up drinking the blood, some willingly and the others forced to do so, thus completing their transition into a vampire. They came to be known as the Original family.As in the first vampires to ever walk on this earth.

But Ayana had warned Esther of the consequences. None of them could go out in the sun. It burned their skin. But it had a remedy; Esther made all of them a day light ring. So they could go out. But everyone who lived around them became distant, got scared of them, and called them monsters. They could keep the vampires out of their houses. But one thing they never anticipated was the bloodlust. Their want and need for blood was extreme.

Also the white oak tree could kill them and the pretty flowers vervain that grew around the tree were poisonous and prevented compulsion. So they burned down all the white oak trees in one night.

When Klaus made his first kill, it affected his sister too. They realized that they were not completely vampires. Their mother had cheated on Mikael with a werewolf. They had werewolf genes in them. Esther had put a spell on the twins binding their werewolf side. Klaus didn't like that and he killed Esther.

Mikael fled vowing to hunt down Klaus and kill him. Finn and Kol didn't stick around for long because Klaus daggered him. So the only people left were Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah and Klaus's twin and her husband. They swore to stay together always and forever.Only his twin sister knew that Klaus had killed their mother. She and Elijah.They were twins so they were closer than normal siblings.

From that day the species of vampires started. Everybody was scared of them but mostly the twins.They were hybrids. They couldn't be killed. They were immortal in the most literal form possible" Victoria explained. When she looked at them they looked shocked at the story.