Fight for Love: Chapter 10

Start from the beginning

-Erwin's POV-

She slaps her hand against the wall, anger rolling off of her in waves and her shoulders shake with each labored breath she takes,"No!" She yells,"You fucking don't!"
Nothing but honest concern runs through my veins,"Sakura, I-"
She straightens her back, her eyes locked on me with cold fury burning brightly in the back of her emerald green eyes, she stares at me,"Fucking save it." She growls and raises her hand so I can clearly see her bloodied bandage,"I don't need your pathetic sympathy."
My breath hitches in my throat and every time I blink I see her standing there, fires roaring around her body and the same cold fury lighting her eyes. Her fathers cloak flaps around her body in the gentle breeze, her shoulders are tense, yet no tears are shed. I shake my head, I can't be marveling in memories! Especially memories that are almost five years old, she turns her back to me.
"This is none of your business, Erwin, so stay out of it."
I don't even have a chance to reply before she full out sprints down the hallway. My heart is thundering loudly in my ears as I stare at her retreating back; what did I do? I slowly turn around and continue to walk to my office, the entire way I can't stop hearing her words, can't stop seeing her cold eyes. What is it that she is so desperate to hide?
I exhale sharply out of my nose then gently push the door open with the toe of my boot. My office is completely empty, the bright and cheerful morning light shining through the wide paned windows that overlook the courtyard.
'She'll be heading for the training grounds, right? So, maybe, I can catch a glimpse of her out my windows.'
I purse my lips and drop my stack of newly found paperwork on my desk as I pass it up. Leaning against the window sill I keep my eyes locked on the front steps of the HQ. After just a couple more seconds the doors bang open and the familiar shock of pitch black hair appears. She doesn't stop to look around, no, she doesn't even look at the training grounds entrance. She easily takes the steps three at a time and almost as soon as her feet touches the plush green grass of the courtyard; she darts for the woods.
"What?" My eyes widen as I watch her back disappear in the dense undergrowth of the forest. I lean forward and press my hand against the cool glass, my eyes darting around the perimeter of the courtyard, yet no evidence of her stepping out of the woods is to be seen.
"Are you worried about her, Erwin?" I jerk around at the sound of Hanji's voice. She's leaning casually against the door frame, her arms folded across her chest and the sun reflecting off of her glasses.
"Hanji! When did you get here?"
She shrugs and strides into the room,"Actually I just got here a couple minutes ago."
"I still didn't expect you to arrive on such short notice."
She pushes the door shut with the heel of her boot and walks across the room to take a seat across from me,"Stop trying to change the subject."
"I'm not."
"Yes you are. It's clear that you don't want to talk about Sakura."
"I have other things to worry about."
"Like the expedition? We have one week to get this paperwork done, that is plenty of time."
"This expedition takes a lot of preparation."
She sighs,"Humanity's second strongest soldier is running blindly through the woods right now and you are worried about that?"
"Second strongest soldier?" I whisper.
"You didn't go watch her train did you?"
I sigh and look down at my desk,"She asked me not to.."
"Well let me inform you of something," she leans forward,"When she is using the maneuver gear you can barely see her because she moves so quickly. The strength that she puts into each strike is absolutely extraordinary, each strike is precise and deep. When I say deep, I mean when she hit the Titan dummies her strikes went past the foam and into the wood."
The leather of my chair meets my back,"Only Levi was ever to be able to get his strikes that deep."
"Exactly."
"Well, anyway I need to get some paperwork done and so do you."
"You are training her today, right? In maneuvering gear?"
I sigh knowing she is not going to let this slide,"Yes, I am."
"Well, while you are training her make sure you keep your eyes on her. If you don't," She smirks,"You'll miss her."
"Alright fine,"I place my head in my hands and gently massage my temples,"I will make sure I keep track of her."
She gives me a wicked grin,"That's what I'm looking for!"
I roll my eyes,"Anyway,"I sit up and point at the stack of paperwork,"the top half is yours to worry about."
She groans loudly,"Damned paperwork." She reaches forward and take the top half into her arms.
"I want that all done by Friday."
She groans again,"You are really starting to irk me."
"It happens to be in the job description." I reply with a smirk.
She shoots me a playful glare,"I knew I should have marked that out.."
I wave my hand at the door,"Goodbye, Hanji."
She walks toward the door, juggling paperwork back and forth in her hands. Pulling open the door she looks at me over her shoulder,"I brought what you asked for by the way."
I nod my head,"I would expect nonetheless from you."
She smirks and walks out of my office muttering unhappy curses underneath her breath about the amount of paperwork she has to do. Once I am for sure that she is gone to her own duties, I stand up and fold my arms over my chest. My eyes gaze out the window at the swaying treetops. Hanji made it seem as if Sakura was just as fast as the most experienced of soldiers if not faster. Of course I knew from the beginning that she would make an excellent soldier, yet I don't like the thought of her being on this expedition or any expedition for that matter. The survival rate of new soldiers is extremely low and, for the first time, I have to admit I don't know what would become of me if she did die.