I look up to see who saved me, and the figure I saw was the least expected person I thought I would see in the middle of battle. 

"Phillipa?!" I gasp, shocked to see the Queen standing over me, a bow in her hand. She put the bow up and drew out a sword, looking around before meeting my gaze. She was not in her usual fancy dress or anything of the sort. Her hair was tied in a high ponytail and she had armor on.

"I'm glad we made it in time, Isabella." she says, glancing down at me with a small smile. We? I think, looking behind her. My eyes widen as I see the Royal Army coming down the streets, armed and ready to fight. Reinforcements...thank goodness... I think, tears coming to my eyes. We had a chance. We could win.

"Stand up, Bella," Phillipa says and I look up, seeing her holding a hand out for me. "We still have a war to fight." she says and I smile, nodding my head and taking her hand, letting her help me to my feet.

"How did you find out?" I ask and she frowns. "We didn't know until we saw smoke coming from the shores. So I sent an intelligence officer out, but he was met halfway by civilians who informed him what was going on. Once he returned we readied the troops at once and began our march. It took us a few hours, but we're finally here." she says and I nod.

"Thankfully. We're about worn out." I say and she smiles, before turning around and ordering the troops. 

"Do not harm the pirates, on my command! Take out all of the other soldiers who have come and invaded our land!! Fight honorably and nobly. However, these people will not give you mercy, so I implore all of you," she pauses, giving them a fierce look before holding her sword high in the air to show her authority.

"Do not show mercy on them!" 

The army gave a shout at her command, and she swung her sword downwards, signaling all the troops to move. As soon as the tip of her sword touched the sand, the entire Royal Army dispersed, joining in the fight.

"Let's go, Bella." she says and my eyes widen. "Wait, what? Phillipa, you can't be serious about fighting? You're the Queen, you can't be in harms way." I say shocked and she gives me a stern look.

"What type of Queen would I be if I couldn't even protect my own country?" she asks and I stay quiet, not knowing the type of resolve she had. A small grin came to her face as she held up her sword, looking ready to engage.

"Do not think I cannot fight, Bella. While they had six years to prepare, so have I. I do not idly sit by in the castle only organizing treaties. If I have to go to war, I am more than prepared to do so." she says and a smile comes to my face.

"There are times when women must fight as well.We cannot expect to sit back and do nothing, especially in a war. No sort of status can disregard this fact. Just because I am a Queen does not mean I'm not equally a part of this country. I will still fight, no matter what. Before I am a Queen, I am a mother, and a citizen of England. I will protect my family and my country. If it is a war I must fight in, then so be it," she says, her words shocking me but inspiring me at the same time.

A wry smile comes to Phillipa's lips as she stares straight ahead. "And I'm sure your daughter would agree with me. I doubt Layla's been completely out of this war. She's part of it to, in her own way." she says and my eyes widen. Layla did know beforehand how terrible this war could be...but she's already done her part. She told us all of the General's descriptions.

"But even so, I still need support. I'm not dumb enough to think I can fight this war alone, like some pirates I know," she says slightly amused before looking at me, a fire in her eyes and her lips set with determination. A pout comes to my face at her sly insult, but I wasn't offended by it at all, more upset she was so right.

"Do I have your support, Lady Bella?" she asks me and I stand up straight. Giving a small bow, her determination was contagious, filling my body with a new sense of strength. "Yes, my Queen." I reply, rising from my bow and she looks out at the battlefield with confidence.

"Good. Now let's go. We have a war to win." she says, dashing off, sword at the ready as she clashed with the enemy. A new determination and hope found its way into my body again, and the wounds on my body seemed to be null. A smile grew on my face as the wind gusted around me, my heart pounding in my chest as I took in a deep breath. She is right. We have to fight. 

I ran after Phillipa, ignoring all the pain I felt in my body, a new fire in my heart as I did so. My sword held tightly in my hand as I prepared to fight for a war we now had the chance of winning.

"Yeah!!"

How do you like Phillipa now?! Go Queen! Haha, but I hope you enjoy this chapter. I stayed up late so you guys could read it, so I hope it is good! Let me know what you think is going to happen!