Lie - VII

Sohye followed Jimin to his room, caring less at the stares and whispers of the house maids who witnessed the drama that just took place. He barged through the door of his room, shutting the door with more force than necessary.

Jimin went straight to the bathroom, locking the door, leaving Sohye agitated. She kept on pacing back and forth, wondering what Jimin was up to. She couldn’t feel at ease after hearing Jimin’s response at his stepmother’s outrageous request.

“Aish, what’s taking you so long?” Sohye said when she couldn’t take the frustration anymore. She placed her ear on the door and listened to the sounds coming from the other side of the door.

At first, all she could hear was the water flowing out of a faucet, but then a certain noise caught her attention. It was that of a glass bottle hitting the bathroom tile. And at that moment, a vision filled her eyes of pills scattered on the bathroom floor next to a medicine bottle. Sleeping pills, that was what they were.

Jimin was in trouble, that was the only thing that entered her mind.

Without any hesitation, she went through the door and saw the water flowing out of the bathtub. In it was Jimin, his whole body submerged under the water. He’s trying to drown himself.

“Jimin!” Sohye shouted and hurried to him. “Ottoke! Ottoke!”

How will she save him?

“Will it work again?” Sohye mused out, thinking of how she had saved Jungkook. Will she be able to do the same for Jimin? Well, this isn’t the time to doubt.

Sohye breathed in and jumped into Jimin’s body without any hesitation. The contact electrocuted her, this time much powerful than the one she felt with Jungkook. She tried to fight it with all her might, but it was stronger than she thought. The energy overwhelmed her, and before she could fight back again, it pushed her out of Jimin’s body.

“What the?” she stared at her hands, seeing a bluish energy that seems to be electrocuting her. “Why can’t I possess you?”

Sohye bit her lip and tried again. She jumped into Jimin, fighting with all her might to take control of his body. But the more she fight, the more the energy gets stronger, pushing her back.

“Please, please, let me save Jimin. I don’t want him to die, please,” she cried. However, her plea was useless. The energy sparkled, its power so strong, it sent Sohye flying across the other side of the bathroom, hitting the wall and stumbling to the floor.

Helplessly lying on the floor, she weakly raised her head to Jimin’s direction.

Will he die just like this? All because she couldn’t do anything?