Blood, Sweat & Tears - II

“Well, all you have to do is play a game with me,” he answered back.

“A game?”

The Evil nodded and snapped his fingers again, teleporting them to a new place. It was an abandoned warehouse or some sort, something that would look perfect for a hideout. In the center was a bonfire, a group of six boys around it, sitting on old and rotten couches. Their faces all scrunched up into scowls.

“They call themselves Bulletproof Boys,” the Evil spoke, the corner of his lips pulling up as if fighting off a laugh. “They are a gang. They believe they can take any pain the world can give them as long as they have each other.”

Sohye nodded. If that was the case then why do they all looked pained and sad right now.

“However, a member just died...killed himself off.”

Sohye turned to the dark angel in shock.

He turned to her and sarcastically laugh, “Great way of popping their bubbles, right?”

The Evil turned his attention back to the six boys. “To make things clear, all of them now wanted to follow his suit.”

“Are you serious?” Sohye gasped, looking at each of the boy's face. There was one who even looked younger than him. Why waste life just like that?

The Evil nodded, smiling cruelly at her.

“Well, here is where the fun part starts. Your life depends on them. As a demon, my role is to push them to their limit and influence them to go with their plan.”

The Evil gripped Sohye’s arms, making her face him. “While you,” he said, holding her chin up. “You're role is to stop them.”

“What do you mean?”

“You’ll play the role of the angel,” the Evil threw his arms up in the air. “Save them. Do your damned-nest so they don’t kill themselves.”

“But how will I do that?” Sohye cried in frustration. She was a spirit, and without her body, how can she stop them? How can she tell them not to kill themselves?

“Well, that is for you to figure out. Don’t expect me to feed everything to you.”

“But you’re the devil, how can I compete with you?!”

“Again, that is your problem.”

Sohye turned to the boys. It seemed so impossible.

“You can give up now if you want?” he taunted.

No. She mustn’t. Her mother needs her. She must live for her. She will live with her.

“So what? Do you accept it.”

Sohye clenched her fist.