She ran out of the door, tripping and skidding onto the lawn. Her voice stuck in her throat, coming out in whimpers and gasps.

She heard noise behind her, shame rising hot to her cheeks.

Great. The neighbors probably think I'm insane.

She tried to calm herself, breathing slow and covering her face.

The noise started to approach and she panicked. What exactly am I going to say scared me, she thought.

The stranger stopped behind her.

"Oh darling, you know you can't run from me."

She spun around, gasping in terror as Damion sneered down at her. He had the Prince's eyes.

She flew up onto her wobbly feet, ducking away from the Prince's lunges---but he grinned as she started to create distance between them.

Cyan's eyes shot open wide, her hand clutching the large inflamed purple bulb on her chest. Her legs buckled onto the ground, her voice disappearing.

The Prince waltzed closer, grinning at how his masterpiece cultivated itself on her body. Its veins had reached her eyes and grasped at her ankles. He'd never seen it grow this far on anybody.

"Haven't you had enough, doll?" He asked, crouching and watching the roots crawl up her cheeks. "Surely you want to rid yourself of this pain? You can." He brushed his hand against her cheek, finding himself admiring her pain tolerance. "If you would just be so kind as to open a portal...I would take this away in the blink of an eye."

He stared down at her as she writhed, her face going purple.

"Oh, you can't breathe, can you?" He snickered. "Silly me."

He raised up her shirt, holding the purple bulge.

She coughed and gasped deep---her body lurching up and turning---she vomited out blood.

"Hmm....so internal bleeding, that's what it causes." He muttered. "Is your nose bleeding too?"

She laid upon the road, almost passing out in exhaustion.

"Well? Would you make me a portal, doll?"

He met her eyes, smiling at her.

"...w...what...would you do to me?"

"Use your volt to revive Omena. That is all. After that, I will leave you be."

She stared at his veiny eyes and his perfectly shaped features. He seemed truly sincere.

He helped her stand up, taking her hand in his white-gloved hands as he smiled softly.

"Please doll, all I wish to do is to bring a wonderful beauty back into this world." He pleaded with pained eyes.

"...Omena?"

"Yes. The Princess Omena."

"....you could bring her back?" She asked with hesitation.