Chapter 16

I woke up to the sound of the Code Red alarm going off indicating the there has been a perimeter breach. I quickly grabbed my pistol and CM16-R8L full automatic assault rifle along with my tactical gear. I dashed out off my room to see a few bodies laying on the ground. There was blood on the walls and ruble everywhere. I ran Down the hall and out of the emergency exit. I was flashed by the brightness of the sun and there were gun shots nearby and dark figures attacking other dark figures. My eyes finally adjusted to the brightness of the outside world and I saw a wolf standing on a body with red eyes starring at me. He started walking towards me and I quickly put him in my sights.

        Then I was jumped on by what looked to be a friend of his and more jumped on me. I couldn't get them off. Then a load bark arose over all the barking and snarling. There he stood right in front of my face and told me to get on my nee's. I said " who are you and what have you done with my friends?". He simply said " they left you and are at the airbase that will soon be over run by animals". I stared at him cold in the eyes and said " YOU STILL HAVE NOT HAVE TOLD ME WHO YOU ARE!". He smiled and said " I am Reach who has been sent by your so called parents to come bring you back home or where you belong". My head shot up with wide eyes and I yelled " YOU CANT! Not after what I've been through and have learned. I'm not an animal! I'm a human and I belong HERE!". His eyes went wild and he snarled in my face and I fell backwards onto my back. " Your coming one way or another. Even if I have to drag you myself !". I put my head down and just stood up will a few tears rolled down my checks. " ok I'll come but on one condition !" I said, looking him dead in the eyes. " And what might that be he said getting ready to pounce on me" he said glaring at me. " that would be you don't hurt any of my squad, Nore my girlfriend, Reach!". He just spun around and said " I'll tell them not to hurt your girl!......but I can't promise anything about the rest of your squad". I looked down at the ground and we started walking and there were a lot of animals around me to make sure I didn't try anything funny. Also a other animal took my pistol and threw it with my assault rifle in the dirt. 

            We walk for awhile and stoped for me to eat and drink some water that I brought with for the trip to what I don't like or want to call....Home. Once I was down eating my sandwich and chips, (I brought along) we started on our long walk. It would take use two days to get where we were meeting to make a deal with my so called parents. I thought about just taking all my knives and trying to make it out but there are just way to many animals for like miles. Reach stayed close to insure that I did nothing funny and fallowed. There were so many wolves around be that must be his pack and other allied packs helping out. We walked until it got dark and decided to rest for the day, they must of had. I have no idea how they got threw the gates and onto campus. I would think that we would over power them or something. I sat down next to a tree and took a quick nap before waking up being nudged and nipped by Reach. " Time to move. We have people trying to come get you but there's no way they will get threw us and get you by the time we have some reinforcements to take care of the airbase you have a few miles out from your campus." So I got up and started walking with the group. Looked like some animals that were by me were gone and probably defending against the humans or my squad. Boy do I sure hope that they are all right and no one is hurt or injured. I heard gun shots and explosions in the distance and a few times a few scout planes or jet would fly over but none would open fire. It most likely could be because they don't want me getting caught in the cross fire. We walked for two hours and a lot more jets flew over so we started jogging. 

           Then there was a massive explosion in front of us and Reach and I went flying backwards. I got to my feet and was about to start running when I was tackled by Reach how came from a dust cloud. " stay down!" Was all he said and ran into the dust cloud and disappeared. I stayed right where I was but stood up to see what's going on. The bomber turned back around for another run and I ran to the nearest tree. I got up close to it then BOOM! A bomb went off right next to the tree and sent me flying. My ears were ringing and I had blood and dust everywhere on me. There I lied in a big hole in the ground bleeding and in some pain with my ears ringing. I can't believe that they did a bombing run right were I was. Lights shined were I was and some people came threw the dust and everything. They picked me up and then were tackled by Reaches pack and Allies. I was grabbed by someone and was being pulled out of the fight. Then Reach comes in front of me and says " get up and let's get moving". I jumped up and started running where I was told to by Reach. He ran into the fight snarling and growling and then he disappeared once again. I ran hard then herd three loud booms. I stoped and looked where I herd the sound come from. Three M1- Abrams came rolling by while shooting where Reach had run to help his pack and animals defeat the humans. 

         Then I was picked up by two people and put on a rope that started pulling me up into the helicopter that was very silent and hard to detect. Then I herd it.....the sound of a rocket. Boom! It hit the propellers of the chopper and we went down. I was still on the line and a quarter way up and I hit the ground hard and the copper hit the ground and blew up.  I landed far from the M1-Abrams and people. I was to injured to move and then I was being drug cross the ground by an ape. I was being drug away from the fight when I hear a assault rifle go off and  it killed the ape. It was dark out and i was about to just pass out. But someone or something picked me up and shook me. I opened my eyes and it was John K with eyes wild and alert. He asked me something and I could not hear because of the ringing in my ears. He drug be over next to a stump and started doing some medical care. Aidan came from the darkness and set guard next no us. Trinity was in some battle not to far away and I could tell because of the katana she has. Great to see you guys I managed to say but a wave off pain shot trough me. My hearing was coming back a little but enough to hear what's going on. John told me to stay where I was at so he and the others can get help. So I lay'ed down and thought what was going to happen next and what ever happened to Reach. Sure enough right when I thought that there he was, barking orders at his comrades. He runs up to me and checks me. Then tells me to keep moving and that he is not going to leave my side. More animals come around the area and we start moving on again to wherever Reach had his meeting place with my " animal  parents".