Chapter 9

Then all the shooting stopped....Nothing was standing were we were shooting . There was just twelve bodies of dead animals lying on the ground. It started getting dark so we headed back to campus. When we reached campus we had to show them that we are part of the campus and not no outsiders. So we showed the guards our ID's and they opened up the gate. We walked in and there was a officer waiting at the campus quarters door for us the file out our report. We got Joe to the medical station that we had on campus. He had miner injuries and bruising. Then after Joe got out, we all went to go eat Dinner. Tonight we ate pizza and pasta, some oranges, a glass of wine, and had a few shots. After dinner we all said good night and went to our rooms. Me and Zoe took a walk around the halls and talked about our day and how it went. I said " well I'm heading to bed. We have a big day ahead of us tomorrow", and gave her a huge and kiss good night. I went to my room and just crashed. When I woke up it was already 7:30 AM. I must oh been really tiered to sleep in this late. I usually get up at 5:30 AM. So went to go eat breakfast fast and try and find Zoe. So I changed into the cloths that Zoe gave me and raced down to the mess hall. Zoe was not there but I just grabbed what ever I saw and quickly ate as much as I could and ran down to the range. When I got there she was shooting at some targets. I grabbed my gun that was in its case on the wall and started shooting some targets to. Thirty minutes went bye and then she noticed me. She put down her gun and ran to me and through her arms around me and asked, " how did you sleep"? I said " I slept good. You"? She said the same and gave me a kiss and smiled. We went on our regular walk around campus but this time there were no animals attacking the campus. We walked around the pound and sat down on the grass to admire the sun rise. We talked about what we were going to do for the next two days because Joe needs to get his strength back up. I said "we should go for a drive in one of the black SUV's that we have and camp for a night". Zoe looked at me and said " that's a really good idea but we will have to bring the team because of the animals". Then Zoe gave me another kiss and we walked to the campus office. We filed out what we will be doing and got the whole group to come with to. We packed what we needed and set out. Craig drove will the rest of us took a nap except for me because I want to make sure Craig won't fall asleep and if anything happened Craig won't have to solve the problem all alone by him self. We got to were we decided to camp for the night and everyone woke up. Craig, Zoe, Kyle, Joe, and I set up the tents and other stuff while John, Sam, Alex, Chase, And Eric, checked the perimeter to make sure there was no danger around. When everything was ready we ate lunch. We had sandwiches', beans, and a cup of apple juice. After lunch we built a fire and sang some songs and told stories to each other for some fun. I did not really tell any stories because I really did not feel like telling my story but Zoe convinced me tell it anyways. So I told them about my story and told it up to the point were Zoe and I started to date each other. They all looked at me in confusion but they understood it because they kind of new ever since I was brought here. I told them that I like it here with them....being human and learning that I am not a animals son....but human. I also said that "I would die protecting them from any danger than stay or go back to the animal kingdom and I cross my heart and hope to die with this promise". They all looked at me in the way that is like thoughtful. By the time I was done telling them all of this it got really dark and it was almost Dinner time. So we split in half but my group " Sam, Zoe, Kyle, John, and I check the perimeter and Alex, Joe, Chase, Eric, and Craig cooked. They cooked Fish, tarter, pasta, some chicken nuggets, wine, and a bottle of beer. Although we were only 16 years old, we sneaked some with us for some fun. After we ate we set four people, John, Alex, Craig, and I to take first watch for the night, while Zoe, Eric, Joe, Sam, Kyle, and Chase, slept for the night. The night was calm and quiet, but John, Craig, Alex, and I watched over everyone else. We sometimes had to take a bathroom break or two and some of them would take an hour nap then switch. Then, some how we all fell asleep.