Chapter 12

Once the dark figures got closer we turned on all the lights on the hummers. Thankfully there was a very bright LED light attached to the machine gun on the hummer that I was on because Once every light that we had on that was on, we saw what the dark figures were. All the dark figures were animals about to sneak attack us. I coked back the action on the heavy machine gun attached to the hummer and opened fire. Then three people that were in each hummer hoped out and opened fire as well, but the driver and of course the gunner on the hummer. Light was everywhere from guns a blazing and lights from the hummers. The air filled with animal cries and gunpowder and the smell of blood and death. Then, there were human cries. More yells and cries started. Soon the animals past the first hummer. We threw a grenade were the first hummer was and the whole area blow up into flames. Soon the hummer behind us was overwhelmed by animals that we had to throw another grenade over at that one. Then a bigger explosion went off were the hummer behind us was. Some animals lied dead on the burning vehicles.  But we and one other hummer were left. I think I already went through half of the huge machine gun magazine on the hummer. Me and the other gunner was firing everywhere were we saw animals or dark shadows. Seven people remain out side the hummers defending them from the animals. They all got back in the hummers for better cover and shot out the windows of the hummers. The animals got closer and closer every minute. Bodies fell to the ground with a thump but more and more animals just kept coming. The animals were just twenty-five yards away from us. I over heard some people saying that there out of ammunition and asking to us a mag to keep the animals back. The animals got closer, 20 yards, 15 yards, 10 yards..... then there was a loud noise in the air. Everything fell silent and there was no movement. Every animals and human was looking in the air in confusion, even me. Five bright lights flash down on us and load gun and missile noises sounded over head. Animals quick dropped dead the the earths flour. Then the object in the air started getting closer to the ground and getting louder. The objects turned out to be the new helicopters that we were going to get in about a few days or so. Nine people start walking towards us. It turned out to be my whole team. Zoe ran out of the helicopter while crying and jumped into my arms. I gave her a huge and a kiss and told her everything is ok. She said " everything is not ok you just about got your head ripped off by a huge monkey". I said " yea that's true. Also we lost a lot of casualties". My group and I looked over what was left of our convoy and the battle field. I went around and collected every persons dog tags that got killed by the animals. I put all the dog tags ( bloody or bent) around my neck and swore to avenge my fallen military campus family. I asked some of the people how we're still alive that fought with me against the animals " are you all ok"? They all nodded in agreement. Zoe called in a medical helicopter for the dead and survivors that were on the ground to get checked out. Zoe called another copper for the herself and I, and the whole team to ride back to campus in a bigger copper. I introduced the three new members, Mike, Suzy, and Marylu, to my group and we all introduced our selves until our copper came to pick us all up. Once it landed we all walked up the platform into the copper. I stayed at the back/ exit of the copper to look over our battle field. Bodies and bodies of animals and humans mixed lie dead on most of the open battle field. Once we were up in the air and leaving I took one last good, cold, hard look over the battle field and then I fell to the ground on the helicopter and then everything went black.