"You really don't remember anything from last night?"

"No," Lauren admitted sheepishly. "I'm sorry, I don't remember- Did I do something?"

"We both did."

"Care to elaborate?" Lauren asked and Camila swallowed the lump in her throat as she leaned away from Lauren to grab for the remote off the arm of the couch, pointing it towards the DVD player and pressing play. 

Lauren, dressed in her school sweater and jeans. Camila, dressed in a matching school sweater and shorts. Both drunk, face to face and holding one another's hands in front of a woman wearing leopard print tights and bright pink lipstick, (Who looked as though she had a chihuahua she kept in her purse and an obsession with the Kardashians) standing behind them. Thin white veils adorning both of their heads.  

Lauren stiffened beside her and Camila closed her eyes, because she had already watched the DVD numerous times since waking up just a couple hours before her-

"May I ask," the woman drawled out in an unreadable accent. "Who is here as the witness the union of these two woman?"

"I am," an unknown man stood up and the shaking camera panned towards him. 

"And what is your relationship to Lauren Jauregui and Camila Cabello?"

"Uh, them girls there paid me half a pack of smokes and forty dollars to be here with them, I met them outside, I was trying to sleep and the shorter stick girl there," he said pointing towards Camila. "Woke me up and asked me to help em' out. Could use some good karma, so here I am in all my glory."

The woman narrowed her eyes and nodded her head, turning her attention back to Lauren and Camila. "And you two, you're sure you-"

"We're sure," Lauren blurted with a smile, while Camila nodded her head rapidly towards the woman. "So could we like, do this thing?"

The woman nodded and let out a breath, almost as if she was unsure she should be performing a wedding ceremony for two very drunk kids, just 18 and 19 years old, but they had engagement rings and a sick to your stomach love story and ID that proved they were legal adults and enough money to pay her fee. "Alright then," the woman said with a small smile. "I will start by reading the passage you two chose from the book out front," taking a breath the woman nodded to the man behind the camera and the focus blurred for just a second as it zoomed in, before catching focus once more.

"Laur?"

"Shit."

"We don't have to watch-"

"I want to see this."

"All of what I really need to know about how to live, and what to do, and how to be, I learned in Kindergarten. Wisdom was not at the top of the graduate school mountain, but there in the sandbox at nursery school.

These are the things I learned...
Share everything.
Play fair.
Don't hit people.
Put things back where you found them.
Clean up your own mess.
Don't take things that aren't yours.
Say sorry when you hurt somebody.
Wash your hands before you eat.
Flush.
Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you. Give them to someone who feels sad.
Live a balanced life.
Learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and write and work every day.
Take a nap every afternoon.
Be aware of wonder.

Remember the little seed in the plastic cup? The roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.