Chapter Fifteen...Secret out in the open

(Mirza's P.O.V)

(Flashback/rekept)

     After bringing Shaliza to the nurse office, I went up to the canteen to check on the damage. Suddenly I saw Sakinah and Hassan. I spied on them talking. Then I saw Sakinah walked away leaving Hassan to clean the rest. I turned to look at Sakinah one moment watching her leave the door. By the time my eyes met Hassan and the canteen, the whole mess was already gone; gone! It was as if there was never a mess in the first place. Impossible!

     T-That's impossible! When Hassan was convinced that the canteen was truly clean, he turned around to exit. The moment he turned around, his eyes was momentarily black but with my next blink of an eye I only saw the normal grey of his eyes so it made me doubt that it was black in the first place.He was shock to see me there glaring at him and the canteen with disbelief in my eyes. I didn't bother to hide despite the fact that Hassan just caught me starring. All I did was stood dumbly.

     Hassan was expressionless as if it was all normal and boring for him. "W-What just happened?" I uttered still trying to recover from the shock.

     "What did you see happened?" Hassan half heartily said, carrying his beg with only his two fingers pushing it behind his shoulder.

     "I-Impossible!" What the hell, like seriously? Was my eyes just playing tricks?

     "Not for me it ain't." He smirked  passed by me casually and left the door, leaving me standing alone in this canteen. What did he mean by that? Was he hiding something?

     I walked around observing every detail searching for a hint of mess; none. I recalled the damage done in this canteen from the foodfight was humongous! Even when I was peeking before as Sakinah was cleaning indolently it barely make a difference to the mess. I slid my forefinger on the table looking for anything greasy or oily; still nothing.

     After 10 minutes of searching non-stop, I gave up and sat on the bench thinking. What happened, I really wanted to know. Not knowing itches me. It frustrates the hell out of me. I don't usually let things like this go. Thinking through all the possibilities, these was the only mess up solution to whatever happened to the disappearing mess that I could think of:

     1) My eyes were playing tricks on me and Hassan was just talking crap. It was probably clean in the first place. Wait, no. I'm kinda certain the mess was THERE. Or maybe...

     2)Hassan was hiding something from me? I always knew Hassan and Sakinah was sharing a secret together. And I also recalled when Sakinah was screaming in the hallways like a maniac looking fearfully at Hassan. Was there any significance to it?

     3) Magic. Wait, that sounded stupid. But the fact that the mess was gone in a snap of a finger was inhumane. Oh wait, I've got it!

     4) I. Was. Pranked! That's the only thing that made sense. That evil Hassan probably wanted me thinking that I was insane and then send me to IMH (Institute of Mental Health). Well, nice try. He probably had a crew of thirty trained record-breaking cleaners to clean while I lost track of time looking at Sakinah leaving the door. Yes, that's it!

     I sighed exhausted of all the brainstorming I did. I just want to forget this crap even happened and get on with my life. I stood from my seat, ready to leave. I accidentally kicked on something and it made a ringing sound. I search for the object and my eyes landed on a small silvery sparkly object lying on the ground, lost. A huge smirk crept up my face.