Chapter Fourteen.....School gone wild (Part One)

Hey everyone! School's been keeping me ultra busy. I can open Wattpad ever so rarely but I'll try my best to update whenever I can.
My father told me a little joke :P. "Most people actually survived heart attacks. It's only when they saw their bills that they died. Now that's the real attack people fear most" I know, lame joke haha...=.=

Razi (Hassan's brother)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
__________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Fourteen.....School gone wild

(Hassan's P.O.V)

     I had a discussion with Doctor Imran a short while back. He's the guy handling my moher's case. There was no other way out; an operation had to be done on her as soon as possible in order to save her life. I was deeply stressed out by all this. Not to mention the extremely expensive cheque we had to pay for it; $50 000. And that was excluding the hospital bills.

     "You don't have to worry about the bills.It's all settled. We'll be carrying out the surgery in three days time. Right now she must undergo a strict diet so that the surgery can go smoothly."

     "What? It's all settled?'

      "A guy named named Razi paid everything this morning. I believe he's your brother? Now we all have to pray that it will all go well. Your mum is in a very critical condition. I hate to be the one breaking it to you, but it'll be a fifty-fifty percent chance that she'll make it through."

     My heart sanked at that very moment. My expression must be quite obvious because the doctor gave me an apologetic look. He made a useless attempt to comfort me by patting my back before he left with a few other nurses to discuss a certain issues. I was left by myself staring at my mother's limp body lying on the bed through the two way mirror of her room.

     I opened the door and entered. I got a full clearer view of her now that I'm standing just beside her bed. It was eerily quiet besides the beeping sound of the machine on the other side of her. There was a sharp needle pressing against my mum's wrist passing some kind of white fluid through her veins. She looked horrible! Her face was so pale. There were green and purple veins lining besides her eyes and dark bags just beneath it. Her lips were dark brown and dry. The whole scene took my breath away as I try to hold back tears.

     Just when I thought life was going well for me, this happens. God? Does such a thing even exists? If god does exists then he's nothing but cruel. I pushed back the greying hair that was blocking her face softly with my hand then kissed her forehead lightly and taking in her scent. There was nothing left for me to do there so I was just turning back to leave. "Hassan?" A weak voice called. I tuned around. My mum wiped her tired eyes as she weakly sat herself up with her shaky arms. She coughed then cleared out her dry throat.

     I rushed to her side to help her out and sat near her. She stared at me with a mysterious twinkle in her eyes then smiled. How was she able to smile in her condition was far beyond me. She caresses my cheek warmly with her hand. I tried to smile back and stay strong just for her. I took her hand and put it in mine as I rubbed it gently. "How are you feeling?"

     "Better, now that you're here." I bit my lip. Nothing I say can change anything.

     "Where's Razi and Fatimah?" Her eyes wondered around the room.

     "Home. Fatimah wanted to come visit but we figured she might be a distraction to you."

     "Distraction? There is no such thing. You three are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. Tell her I love her will you? And that she's always in my heart.'