Chapter Seventeen - Hello Mother

"Trust me, this is good." Sora said as he ordered some fired food for Nathan.

"You kept on saying that, since this morning. It's starting to get suspicious."

Sora was acting a bit strange that day. He had told Nathan countless times to trust him, all in different context. All it does, though, was to make Nathan worry that Sora was about to do something ridiculous.

What's more frustrating was, Nathan knew that he couldn't do anything to stop it.

All that Nathan knew was that Sora was about to crack the case of Carter's death. Once it's over, they can be freely be together.

Explaining everything to his family and friends would be hellish, but it doesn't matter, as long as they could be together without any worries, without hiding in the shadows.

"What are you talking about? You're thinking too much." Sora said with a smile.

When David invited her to lunch, Bailey instantly had her suspicions. "Tell me honestly, why did you invite for lunch?" She asked when she met with David.

"To be honest, I want to ask you something." David said. "Do you know who Kazuki likes? I know that he likes someone else, that's why he can't accept my feelings."

"Sorry, I have no idea." Bailey replied.

"This is pathetic." David complained as Bailey joined him for lunch. "Why can't we be with the ones we love?"

Bailey chuckled. "You know, it's kind of funny, hearing that from you. Not that I disagree though." She said and then looked at David. "We can't force things, David, especially not how people feels."

"I don't blame Kazuki, I mean, I don't have the most stellar track record when it comes to relationship..."

"Kazuki doesn't care about that, trust me." Bailey said and then sighed. "I think we're int he same boat, exactly the same boat. Nathan and Kazuki, they can't be with us because they want to be with someone else."

"Things would be a lot easier for me if I know who I am up against." David complained. "Do you know who it is?"

"I have no idea." Bailey said. "Kazuki never mentioned anything."

"I see. What about you, don't you want to know who Nathan likes?"

"I think I'm better off not knowing. It wouldn't change anything, either way." Bailey said with a bittersweet smile. "What could we do once we know? It's not like their feelings would change..."

"You may be right..." David paused for a moment to think. "I still want to know what kind of person Kazuki chose over me."

Ivory kept on pacing in her office whit her phone on her ears. "Why aren't you answering?!" She threw her phone on the ground in a fit of anger. She had called David countless of times, but he wouldn't answer her calls. "I bet that Kazuki had something to do with this."

"Losing your patience here would do you no good, Ivory." Joan said in a calm manner. "Kazuki is to be blamed here. If he disappear, then your problems would be solved. Whining and getting angry would not solve anything. Focus that energy so that you could get rid of your problem."

"You're right, Mom. That Kazuki is ruining my life." Ivory said. "everything would be better if he's gone." She shouted in anger.

"I can help you if you want." Joan said with a wicked smile.

"What do you have in mind?"

"I can handle everything, I just need you to do one small thing for me." Joan said with a wicked grin.