Chapter Fifteen - Blissful Moment

"What is this? You can't make decisions for us." Nathan protested as Victor and Daniel Chambers, Bailey's grandfather, expressed their plans for Nathan and Bailey's re-engagement.

"What are you doing?" Frances held his arm tight as she whispered to him. "Isn't this what you wanted? You'll get your woman and you'll gain influence in the company by marrying the heir of our prime business partner."

"You're behind this, aren't you? Please, Mother, stop using me in your ploys." Nathan pleaded, very annoyed.

More than being controlled by his family, Nathan was afraid of what Sora would think if he finds out about that matter. Nathan didn't want him to think that he and Bailey are back together, there might be nothing between them at the moment, but the chance of that would be blown in the wind if Sora thinks that.

"Your engagement would be the best for both parties, I don't any reason why it shouldn't happen." Daniel Chambers added.

"This is our lives we are talking about, not some business deals. Don't treat us like company shares that you could trade around for profit." Nathan complained.

"Why does it sound that you're so against this, Nathan?" Edwards Chambers asked.

Nathan couldn't reply. He didn't want to make the situation any worse.

"We're not there yet." Bailey finally spoke. "We just recently became friends again, and we don't want to rush into things. We want to take things slow." She explained calmly.

"We're not telling you to get married immediately." Daniel arygued authoritatively. "You can take things slow after the engagement is formalized."

The urge to burst out in anger and protest was strong in Nathan, but he controlled. If he showed his anger and opposition to the engagement, Bailey would get hurt. He knew that, and he didn't to hurt her nay more than he already did in the past.

"We're not kids anymore. Please, don't make decisions for us." Nathan said spitefully as he pushed hs chair away from the table as he stood up.

"Nathan, where are you going? Come back here." Frances tried to calm herself.

"You can walk out and oppose this engagement." Victor said even before Nathan could step out of the private room. "It doesn't matter. An engagement, and eventually a marriage, will happen between a Chambers and Velin, whether you are involved or not."

"Wha-what...?" Nathan asked nervously, knowing what Victor might be talking about.

"Father, what are you talking about? It can't be..." Frances protested.

"Daniel and I had talked, and he agreed. If Nathan refuses this engagement, Bailey would be engaged to Kazuki instead." Victor said in a strict tone.

Nathan's heart sunk when he heard what Victor said. Just the thought of Sora being tied to another person was heart wrenching. No. That can't happen. He's mine, no one else can have him. "Don't involve him into this." Nathan said sharply as his heart pounded in anger. "I won't allow it." He added before storming out of the room.

With his heart beating nervously, he hurried back to the office. He wanted to talk to Sora before he finds out about what happened, but things didn't go as he wanted. On his way to Sora's office, he had an encounter with David.

"Nathan! You're here already? What about Bailey? Where's your fiancée?" He asked with a grin. "I heard about it, your families met for lunch at one of our hotels. Congratulations!" He added cheerfully.

"This is getting out of hand..." Nathan muttered. "Why are you here anyway?"

"I just had lunch with Kazuki. He was busy, so we ate in his office."