Chapter Eleven - One Step Closer

David inches forward and Nathan knew what he was trying to do. He waited for Kazuki to react violently, to push David away, but Kazuki just stood there and did nothing. Nathan couldn't take to see what was going to happen next, he turned back and walked away.

There was something in Kazuki's eyes that made David stop. It wasn't something that David was familiar of. Kazuki wasn't angry, but David could that he didn't like what David was about to do. "I'm sorry... I drank a little bit too much..." He said apologetically as he moved away from Kazuki.

Kazuki didn't know what to do next. He knew David was having a hard time, and he didn't want to hurt him any further. So, instead, he kept quiet.

The longer he poses as Kazuki, the more people he would end up hurting. He knew that perfectly well, but he had no intention on retreating until he gets what he really wants.

It was simple. He wanted justice. He wanted them to pay.

"This is not the time to feel guilty..." Kazuki muttered.

When Kazuki and David came back to the table, they both acted as if nothing happened, but Nathan was suspicious. He couldn't get rid of the thought that those two kissed.

On their way home, Nathan's car was filled with silence. Kazuki was looking out the window, uncharacteristically quiet. "Can't you not bring me home...?" Kazuki asked all of a sudden.

"Huh? Why? Granddad would get worried." Nathan replied.

"I don't want to be in that house right now." Kazuki replied, wanting to get away from the Velins for a while. He didn't want to deal Avery or Ivory at that time, he was too tired for that. Being an impostor was not easy, especially if you're itching to come out of your shell and reveal your identity. All that Kazuki wanted was a break.

What happened? Nathan thought. Everything seemed to be going so well earlier that day, and the only reason Nathan could think of that would change Kazuki's mood was David's confession. Is he feeling responsible for the break-up? Is he avoiding Ivory? Either way, Kazuki sounded so sad. The last time Nathan saw him like that was when he first came to the Velin Manor.

There was longing in Kazuki's eyes.

"You can drop me in any hotel, I'll use my card..." Kazuki continued.

"There's no need for that." Nathan said. I might regret this, but I can't leave him alone. "You can stay at my place... if you want."

Kazuki's heart almost stopped when he heard what Nathan said. It might be the alcohol in his system, but he felt his body become hotter, with just the thought of sleeping under the same roof as Nathan. "Is that okay...?" Kazuki asked.

"Of course." Nathan replied with a small smile.

Walking nervously behind Nathan, Kazuki was doing his best to calm his mind and heart. "Is it really okay if I stay here tonight?" Kazuki asked, once inside Nathan's condo suite.

"Kazuki, we're family. You're always welcome here." Nathan replied.

"Family... huh..." Kazuki muttered lowly. His heart was racing, being in Nathan's place was sending him mix sensation sin his body. The place was as he expected, it was simple and minimalistic.

"Are you alright?" Nathan asked as he lead Kazuki in the living area. "You drunk too much." He said.

"I'm fine." Kazuki said as sat down and rested his head on the sofa. "I just need a little sleep..." he said as he slowly closed his eyes.