Chapter Six - Caught Off Guard

"Don't wander outside, it's late. Sleep early." Nathan said kindly as Kazuki stepped down from his car.

Kazuki nodded his head, his mind and heart was still in confusion. Stop it. You can't feel that way for Nathan, it would only get in the way of what you must do. He was welcomed by a few maids when he returned to the manor, he asked where Victor Velin was and learned that the Velin patriarch was already resting in his room.

Instead of going straight to his room, Kazuki chose to have a night cup in the dining hall first. As much as he can, Kazuki didn't want to stay in that prison like room. The thought of having your every move watched by an unknown person was creepy enough for him.

"You're home pretty late. Overtime?" Kazuki heard a familiar voice from behind him as he drank his warm milk.

"David, what are you doing here?" Kazuki's eyes were filled with curiosity as David walked and sat at the seat adjacent to Kazuki's.

"I had dinner with Ivory, she had too much to drink so I brought her home." David answered as he crossed his legs and stared at Kazuki with a smile.

"Being a dutiful fiancé, I see..." Kazuki said with a meaningful look in his eyes.

"Just being a proper gentleman." David reply with a smile. In his eyes, Kazuki is the cutest thing, and he would never get tired of watching him.

"A gentleman." Kazuki chuckled mockingly. "It doesn't suit you."

"Forget about what happened the last time. Let's start all over again." David suggested with an awkward laugh.

"Forget which part; the part where you tried to molest me or the part I subdued you?" Kazuki replied with a smile.

"Can we do both...?" David said, his cheeks quite blushing in embarrassment.

"Sure, if you tell me something." Kazuki said.

"What is it?" David replied with a coy smile.

"Why did Bailey break up with Nathan?" Kazuki asked straightforwardly. "She still loves Nathan; I can't believe that her reason was because she was insecure about Nathan's feelings for her."

"So Ivory was telling the truth, you and Bailey are close to each other." David replied, without breaking eye contact with Kazuki. "It's not that she was insecure. Nathan never made her feel that he loved her. He was all about work. He made it seem that the only reason for their engagement was because of politics. That it was a marriage of convenience."

"Like yours." Kazuki replied.

"Well yeah. The difference is, I'm making it seem that I'm interested in Ivory while I am not. Nathan, on the other hand, did the exact opposite." David replied.

"He does love her, though. I could tell."

"He does, but Nathan doesn't really know how to express love and affection; mainly because he grew up without experiencing it. His family even took him away from the only person that showed him love, his father." David explained.

"You know him very well..." Kazuki said as he looked down on the table as he fiddled with his mug. I don't know anything about Nathan at all.

"I've known him ever since he moved here. I had plenty of time to get to know him." David said. "Don't worry, you'll have a lot of time to get to know your cousin, from now on." He added with a reassuring smile and tone.