LMAC | Chapter Twenty-Six

---Chapter Twenty-Six; Practice---

私は大好きではない、私は愛していない。 。誰が冗談か?

(I'm not in love, I'm not in love, I'm not i-. . .who am I kidding?)

I could literally feel my face glowing red like a lightbulb against my dark skin, my eyes enlarging as Haruhi moaned quietly. "Ow, ow." she mumbled with an adorable frown, rubbing her foot that I accidentally stepped on. "S-Sorry. . ." I stuttered embarrassingly.

"Just kiss already goddammit!" Makato cupped her hands around her mouth and yelled as she sat comfortably in a love seat. My face grew a darker shade of red from her words, so did Haruhis instantly. "Shut up! I'm sick and tired of you Makato! This is dance practice, not a place to fulfill your gay needs." Tamaki posed before loudly sighing. I shook my head at my friends antics.

A couple of weeks after Shido came by Tamaki brainstormed another Host Club idea, the idea of a medieval theme. From princess and princes, to ballroom dancing and medieval themed appetizers. He even planned for there to be a scavenger hunt for. .well. .him. See, Tamaki will be playing the role of some great king (that apparently every girl wants to marry) and the females will have to find him throughout the school building while he hides, yes, it's basically hide and seek, and no, I have no idea why Tamaki didn't choose anything else.

Anyways the winner who finds Tamaki will be crowned his queen and gets to share a one on one dance with him in front of everyone. The girls are gonna love that. . .let me tell you. But for this to happen you've got to know how to ballroom dance and since the last time I ballroom danced was when I was a toddler, and Haruhi has no experience with it therefore we're required to practice every day with the Host Club. I'll be the first to tell you, it's a pain in the ass to relearn how to dance.

"Oh, I meant to ask a while ago. .but. . how do you two know each other? Makato and you?" I asked, wrapping my arm around Haruhi's waist as she began to stride. Even when dancing in circles around the large room I could sense a wicked smile forming itself on Tamakis lips. Besides, Makato suddenly jumped from her lazy position just as fast as the words left my mouth. "Why would you ask that question!?" she screamed before collapsing to the floor and I stopped dancing along with Haruhi. D-Did I do something wrong?

Haruhi tilted her head. "What's wrong with her asking that question?" she asked and instead of a response from the downright troubled teenager, she received a low chuckle from Tamaki who pulled a scarlet rose out his breast pocket, humming a tune as he placed the rose behind Haruhis ear. I felt pain growing in my jaw and it took me a moment to realize it was from me clenching my teeth and that I was almost staring holes through Haruhi. W-What. .?

"Actually, I met Makato at a beauty pageant, me and my father had been formally invited." he mentioned. Makato groaned painfully as if she was being stabbed in the gut. "Beauty pageant?" Haruhi said and pulled the rose out from behind her ear. The word beauty pageant repeated itself in my head, because a beauty pageant and Makato does not match up. Wait, so Makato is. . .a. .

Haruhi deeply thought for a second and abruptly widened her eyes. "Wait! Makato you're a-" I licked my lips. "A former pageant girl?" I said in shock. Makato groaned and shot upward, clutching her head tightly with aggravation. "Shut up! Shut up! I never want to relieve those horrid moments ever again!" she cried, trying to shake off the memories.