LMAC | Chapter Twenty-Five

---Chapter Twenty-Five; I've Missed You---

大歓迎バック

(welcome back big bro)

I let go of the cafe front door, letting it close by itself from the gust of wind. The sun was starting to set slowly, beautiful colors filling the sky so amazingly that you'd never want to escape. The cool grass danced to the side along the air, but my gentle eyes dawned on Shido, his figure currently leaning on the railing while digging in his pocket for a minute before pulling out a cigar and a lighter.

"I didn't know you smoked." I said through my teeth, his head whipping towards my direction with wide orbs. They soon sunk back in his face as his expression remained calm. "What's it to you little sis?" he crookedly smiled before blowing a puff of smoke out his mouth. I frowned deeply, carrying myself alongside him, another huge gust of wind sending our hair tips gliding in the sky. "Everything." I muttered deeply under my breath.

Shido snickered, pulling the cigarette out of his mouth and continuing his smoking routine in silence. He use to hate smokers, he said they were selfish people who wasted their time killing themselves. I guess the tables change after a couple of years, I guess everything changes. I locked my gaze on passing cars, silently making a wish on them as if they were shooting stars.
"So, do they know you're here?" I questioned, sighing.

He grimaced and threw the cigar on the ground, crushing it under his foot. "Hell, of course not. If they did they'd murder me for even making contact with you." he spat bitterly and seemed to be putting his anger out on the cigarette that he continued to crush violently.

"I'm guessing mom still hasn't gotten through her head that dads screwing whores?" he asked harshly and the reality of the question made my stomach twist and turn inside out. "Um. . ." I didn't bother to finish my sentence because he already sensed the answer immediately.

Shido was. . .wild when we were young. He was also different, very different from the rest of us. We were a sophisticated family, he was the opposite though. It was always an issue for mother and father, tension and arguments always rose when the three of them were in a room together, it never ended well. It got so bad that one time I remember seeing objects fly in the air from the stairway while I watched vividly. Shido had came stomping up to his room angrily, halting when he spotted me and didn't hesitate to reassure me that everything would be fine. But I had learned by then that the word fine only meant worse.

Then out of the blue on a warm June Monday, I'll never forget, mother had enough of Shidos outrageous behavior. She had finally cracked, she was broken and threw him out the house that day. He was only 16, I was 14 at the time. I remember worrying every night about him, wondering why this was happening, and wondering why my life was so screwed up. To think I was suppose to act like nothing had happened that faithful day.

Luckily though Shido had his phone on him at the time, so, I was able to keep in contact with him. I contacted him everyday, no matter the circumstances . Then all of a sudden he stopped responding. I stopped receiving calls, messages, anything. I was sure Shido was dead.

Yet for him to pop out of the blue without even having a former reunion with me. . ."Why did you leave me!?" I screamed, slamming my hands on the railing, Shido jumping at my loud voice. I could feel my eyes watering and buildings were starting to blur together, but I didn't care. "Why did you stop talking to me!? Why. . ." I punched him weakly in the chest, I could feel his heart beating softly. Thump. Thump. Thump. It signaled that life remained there. "I was worried. .I was so worried. You didn't even give me a warning. .you never contacted me, you stopped doing so. ." my tears managed to get through the dam I created, now trailing down my cheeks.

"You come back like everything is normal. .like you just went on a little trip, like this crap is fine and everything is perfect." I sniffed. "I hear you're a damn actor and yet I'm the last to know, for damn sakes I'm your freaking sister for crying out loud! I missed you! I missed you! I. . .I. ." I cried silently as I felt his big arms wrap around me comfortingly, his chin digging just right in my shoulder. "I missed you Shido. . .I missed you. ." I cried in his shirt.

"I've missed you too

"I've missed you too."

My lip crippled up as the emotions fell out my body in the form of tears. I haven't seen my brother in two years. I thought I would never see him again, I was even beginning to forget I had a brother. Who would've thought that one day through patience I would have him back in my arms, the way we did when we were kids.

"I'm not leaving again." he kissed my forehead. "I'm staying. .no matter what." he mumbled and his voice cracked here and there, I tried pulling back but he would only push me deeper into his chest, not wanting me to see his tear-stained face.

"I'm sorry. .for causing you so much pain. . ."

♪♫♪

I laughed lightly at one of Shidos corny jokes as the sky started to darken. I smiled at Shido who's hair was a bit untamed, I suppose he still can't do his hair properly, silly. . ."Hey, where are you staying at? I mean, you're not at our place. . .so? " I questioned and he looked at me as if it was an obvious question. "I'm staying in a luxury apartment for the time being. Besides I have enough money where I can settle down for now, a few months maybe." he answered and sighed.

I hummed in reply and felt the nagging sense to look behind my back. When I did I saw Haruhi who was sitting across the table, directed towards my way. She quickly made eye contact with me, smiling warmly and doing a small hand gesture for me to join the table again. I nodded slightly, glancing back at my brother who was staring at the glowing moon. "Shido. ." I smirked. "Come on, they're waiting for us." I shook my head to the cafe.

"You go ahead, I'm gonna stay out here for a little." he replied. I nodded and walked back to the door, giving Shido a laugh before speaking. "I love you." I smiled.

He cockily grinned. "I know someone else who loves you~" he cooed and made weird kissy faces. If I was being honest it was weird seeing my eighteen year old brother act like he was thirteen. I could tell there was something more to his words though. "What are you talking about?" I asked as I pushed a lock of my hair behind my ear, a questionable look on my face.

Shido peered at me for some time before frowning. "You mean. . .you. . .tell. . .Tama-ugh. . ." he growled and playfully pinched my cheeks. "How can you not see it!!? Are you that oblivious Haruka-Chan~ He obviously loves you idiot! Idiot!" he rambled in a childish voice and my cheeks began to sting so badly that I'm sure this would leave red marks.

"Stop it weirdo!" I retorted and swatted his hands away. "What are you talking about?" I asked as I rubbed my cheeks soothingly. Shido shook his head and turned me around, pushing me towards the cafe entrance.

"Nevermind, I guess you'll find out soon enough. Whenever he's ready. . ."

Whenever. .he's ready?