Chapter 1 - Romancing the Banana

Start from the beginning

"I think we got a little help after the trouble you got us into as kids. I'm pretty sure most saiyans didn't get that on-the-fly training like we did that day," Bardock exclaimed as he kissed her forehead. His eyes fell on the long golden necklace that he gave her when they became mates. A gold anchor charm hung askew from the long gold chain and every time he saw it, he recalled the day he first fell in love with her.

START OF FLASHBACK

"Come on Fasha! Let's grab as much bananas as we can before those Tuffles catch us!" A young 15 year old Zukini whispered loudly, waving over her best friend to stout stone wall she was hiding behind. Fasha looked quickly to her right and left before she scurried over to Zukini's side.

"What now, Zuki?" Fasha asked in low voice.

Zukini peeped over the wall, looking into the garden of some high-ranking Tuffle. Their gardening bot was set to recharge, which meant that there was no surveillance over the lush property.

"The coast is clear, let's go!" Zukini instructed, hopping over the wall and Fasha followed suit. They filled their arms with as much bananas as they could manage.

"Hurry, Fasha! I've surveyed that gardening bot for a couple days now, it'll be fully charged in a few minutes!" Zukini advised as she rushed back to the stout wall for cover.

"Just a few more!" Fasha cried back, reaching for a cluster of bananas that were slightly out of reach. But it was too late, the gardening bot returned and immediately spotted the invader and started moving toward the young saiyan girl.

"Invader!" The robot chirped as it scanned the garden for the intruder. Locking onto Fasha's position, it took stats on the individual that it had captured in its cross hairs. "Saiyan Invader! Saiyan Invader!"

"Fasha, come back quick!" Zukini called from the wall. The garden bot had already doubled in height as it transformed into its security bot form as it approached Fasha. Fasha gaped up at robot as she dropped all the bananas in her arms. She only had experience with fighting with other saiyans that were her own size and she was still perfecting her moves.

Before the security bot could makes its first move, its left leg buckled and it almost toppled over. Zukini had thrown a sizeable amount of ki at its leg, so Fasha could escape.

"Let's go Fasha!" Zukini called. Fasha blinked when she realized what happened and used the moment of distraction to run. Fasha leapt over the wall and began running toward the Saiyanjin border with Zukini. Yet, the security bot was still hot on their heels.

"Zuki, it's gaining on us!" Fasha cried, when she turned her head around to see how far away it was.

"We have to destroy it then!" Zukini concluded, stopping in her tracks. "Let's attack its other leg and then we'll take out its head!"

"Hai!" Fasha agreed, stopping along with her. As they were regular sparring partners, the two of them knew how to work well with one another. Joining hands, Fasha and Zukini combined their collective power and threw another ki blast to the robot's other leg. The leg buckled but the robot didn't quite fall over as they hoped.

"Why don't we just aim for the head?!" Fasha shouted and without waiting for Zukini to agree, she tossed a huge amount of ki at the robot's head.

"Noooo!" Zukini cried, knowing what would happen next. Zukini had been researching the technology of Tuffles for quite some time and she knew most the robot's strengths and weaknesses. The robot's head was made of some advanced material that deflected ki energies, so it bounced off and hit Fasha square in the chest which rendered her unconscious.