Trade

Connie and Steven sat in the temple, filling Peridot, who had just reformed, in with the details of what happened. She just cradled the blue teardrop in her hands.

Peridot asked to see the Gem form of Bismuth. When Connie presented it to her, a green smile spread across her face. And she explained their plan to get Jasper back.

-------------------------------------------------------
As the signal for a Gem trade was sent out, Peridot paced the floor. She had no idea how this would play out. Would the Crystal Gems call her bluff? Or would Jasper be gone forever?

Had they already shattered the orange gem?

At least she had Lapis. All that mattered right now was keeping the dormant Gem safe in her arms.

3 hours later, Connie had gone home at the request of her parents.

6 hours later Steven fell asleep fitfully on the couch.

It was 10 hours later when Lapis reformed.

And 13 hours later, the Crystal Gems returned a signal.

"We will meet you in 01 hours at the central warp pads. If Bismuth isn't whole, we will shatter the Jasper." Pearl spoke loudly, the only indication of weakness when her voice quivered on "shatter".

As the communication ended, Steven woke up and ran to Lapis, hugging her tight to him. "I missed you."

"I missed you too Shortstack." Lapis ruffled his hair.

Peridot came over and joined the hug.

"I wish Jasper was here." Steven buried his face farther into Lapis' stomach.

"We're getting her back in an hour." Peridot relaxed her arms around them and pulled away. "Bismuth is our ticket back to her."

The hour passed quickly, all of the Gems concealing their weapons as to not alarm the Crystal Gems.

As soon as they arrived at the warp hub, another ray of blue light shined in the dark, a group of Gems walking out.

"Show us Bismuth." The Garnet demanded, holding out Jasper's unharmed Gem.

Lapis nodded to Steven, and he took Bismuth'd Gem out of his Cheeseburger Backpack, handing it to the blue Gem.

Lapis walked up to Garnet.

Pearl eyes her warily, as Amethyst looked away from her past teammates.

The Gems traded hands.

Jasper was now back.

"We're coming for you." Pearl spat. "You won't get away with forced fusion."

Peridot stared her down. And then walked away.

As the family moved into the blue light, Steven replied to Pearl.

"My family might not be perfect, but they're still learning. And I love them for it."

And the light whisked them away.

-------------------------------------------------------
And we are done! I hope you enjoyed, and thanks for all of your support! And I see you, silent readers. I know that at the beginning I was pretty hungry for votes, but I've learned that it isn't all about that. Thank you for just being here. Remember that you are amazing, and you are worth it.

See ya next time!