Home Sweet Homeworld

The chubby boy walked down the boardwalk towards his favorite place, the Big Doughnut. He solemnly pushed the door, with the bright display directly contrasting his mood.

"Hey Steven! What's up!" Sadie smiled, turning around after she was done wiping down the counter. She looked at his disheveled appearance. "Wow, are you okay?"

"Please. He probably just couldn't touch his toes over his stupid stomach."

"Lars!" Sadie nudged the lanky teen, his hair flopping as he professed his indignation. "Really Steven, what's wrong?"

He trudged up to the counter where he slumped with his head in his hands. "I just....can't do all of the stuff that the gems can. Sometimes I wonder, do I really have what it takes?"

Lars snickered loudly. "What. Your magic belly button not work? I was right. It is something about your big tum-tums." He pulled his face into a pout.

Steven shrunk even more.

"Lay off Lars." Sadie flicked her blonde hair, lowering herself slightly to match Steven's low height. "Steven, even if you can't do..... whatever it is you're supposed to, you'll still be our favorite customer. Here. Have a doughnut on us." She smiled slightly, and held out the pity Donut.

Steven took it and walked out.

He walked home.

He walked in the door.

He ran when he heard Peridot yelling.

"GUYS!!!! I JUST GOT A MESSAGE FROM HOMEWORLD!!!! I THINK THEY FOUND US!"

Jasper and Lapis ran to her side, watching the communication coming in. A tall, skinny woman with a protruding nose stood there, demanding for immediate contact. Her gem glowed proudly from her head, and her spear was glinting menacingly.

"Contact us immediately Garnet. Phase three must be put into place. This is Pearl, signing off."

The screen went black.

Steven had never seen the Gems look so scared.

Eyyyyyy, Thanks for reading! Leave comments for what you want to happen next, and what ships you want in here! Remember to vote so I know if I should write more!