Hunt

"We have to destroy the central warp pads."

"Soon."

"No." Lapis glared at Peridot. "Now. I know Bismuth, she's a powerhouse, and she was the one who cracked me before."

"She's right. We can't let Bismuth come. I don't know about the others, but I'm most afraid of the renegade Pearl and her." Jasper sauntered over to the warp pad. "Let's go. Once we destroy them, we can find the perma-fusion here on Earth. We'll end this."

The light engulfed them, leaving before Steven could join them.

"Wait!" He ran, but Amethyst stopped him. "Let's just hang out. Can we please just calm down and...."

"STEVEN!" Connie burst into the temple, and rushed over to Steven. "Hey, Im ready for training!" She plopped a large bag with her sword from Jasper and various tennis rackets. "Hey Amethyst."

She looked around. "Where's Jasper?"

"They went on some fancy mission. Steven and I are just hanging out." Amethyst went over to the counter and sat on it, her hands on the back of her head.

"GUYS!" Steven shouted, his eyes lighting up just like the lightbulb in his head. "LETS HAVE A DANCE PARTY!"

"A what?"

"Steven.... I'm not a good dancer....."

"I'll get the music."

A sweet song stared playing with a slow beat, and Amethyst proclaimed she knew what was happening, and started her weird movements again. Steven pulled Connie into the middle of the room where they then separated, Steven doing weird swooping movements and Connie standing with her arm placed in her hand.

He smiled at her. She couldn't resist. The best was enticing, and as she started to move to it, she became more confident and danced freely with Steven, and the two started to twirl together, in an innocent, blissful celebration of youth, until Steven fell.

Connie caught him, and they began to laugh, a pink light intensifying, not just because of the blush forming on their faces, but also because of Steven's gem glowing pink. The color enveloped them and they formed a new woman, tall and gangly.

Amethyst gaped at them.

"Are we...? What's..... WAIT...... A FUSION!"

"Ceven, Stonnie, Stevonnie!" Amethyst exclaimed, her eyes lighting up as she held the fusion's gaze.

The Warp Pad lit up.

The music never seemed more out of place than with the expression on Jasper's face.

-------------------------------------------------------

"It doesn't matter how you feel about fusion!"

"CAN YOU CLODS STOP FIGHTING!"
Peridot screamed, a burst of anger that was quickly stifled by the dark looks of the taller, and more imposing members of the team.

"She's right!" Stevonnie interjected, pushing her long, dark, sable hair away from her face.

They all stared at Stevonnie.

They assented.

Jasper was still unhappy with Steven's fusion with a human, saying that it was undignified for a gem of Steven's stature, but they had to go after the Garnet fusion.

"Good thing I have this state of the art tracking device, made for finding lost gems." Peridot paced around her room, fixing it, and changing it to find a fusion. Everyone stood impatiently, fidgeting and ready to go. "Fusions leave a distinct trace, because they have more of a body than a normal gem would. So" she strutted out of her room, with the rest following blindly to join her outside "Let's find this fusion."

-------------------------------------------------------
Finding the Garnet proved to be quite the task. It was long, tedious, and boring.

The only person doing anything was Peridot, so she was the only person who was entertained even in the slightest.

Eventually Amethyst left to go into the kitchen for food. That was 3 hours ago.

Stevonnie unfused after Connie needed to go home.

Lapis was currently (AHAHAHAHAHAHA CAUSE WATER) playing Uno with Jasper and Steven.

Peridot was still sitting in the corner mumbling to herself about being close to finding the Garnet.

They were up all night.

When Steven was getting breakfast, a tall woman with an Afro walked into the Big Doughnut with a device similar to Peridot's.

"Gotcha."

Thanks for reading and please vote if you like what you see!