Diamond

"Hello Garnet."

Lapis strolled out of the bushes, a cold smile plastered on her face. The fusion pulled out her weapons, two heavy gauntlets with large golden stars on the end.

And the blue gem wastes no time pulling a long shaft out of her gem, the ornately carved weapon coming to three points at the end, all sharpened to perfection.

They waited, and watched, until Lapis charged at last. Her skirt flew out behind her as the thorny ground underneath her shook, water coming from the aquifers beneath her. As she ran, the other gem started to brace herself for impact from the front, but was caught off balance when Lapis pole vaulted over her and hit the back of her head with the weapon.

Blow after blow, the Gems fought, one fueled by wet rage, her eyes bleeding tears, screaming as the water engulfed her, and the other with cool rage.

"YOU BROKE PERIDOT!" Another hit with a water spout. "YOU BROKE HER AND SHES NOT COMING BACK TO ME!"

The fusion laid on the ground, pinned by another trident, this time made out of water.

"Now you can feel it too."

A warp pad lit up.

"Lapis NO!" Steven ran out of the warp pad, with the rest of the Gems in tow, including the lanky version of Peridot and Connie. "Please, we can fix this."

"Steven you don't understand. She's a monster."

"I am not the monster." The fusion spoke up. "You are. You performed experiments on shattered gems. You made them into forced fusion, they didn't even consent to it. You are using it as a bio weapon in remembrance of your beloved Pink Diamond, who I, and the rest of the Crystal Gems would like to shatter myself for what she did to our leader. She shattered Rose Quartz."

Steven's world fell apart around him as Garnet continued.

"Not only that, but you forced her into a fusion and made her attack our base. You are living on our planet." The Bismuth and Pearl appeared on the warp pad, running to Garnet's side. "And we are going to take it back."

Every gem there summoned their weapon except Steven. He was crying silently, his tears cascading down a once happy face. The thing Connie found in the temple with him. She was going to get hurt. His family.

His mom.

She couldn't be like that.

All his life he had heard stories about his great mother, a ruler like no other, the best diamond, who saw the beauty in everything, her favorite soldier Jasper, and how she treated every animal equally, and was able to heal Gems who served her well.

Maybe Steven could do that.

He walked up to Peridot, and pulled her down hugging her, his tears touching her face, glazing over her gem.

And it started to heal.

No one was paying attention to him though. They were all yelling.

When the Crystal Gems charged, they ran into his shield.

And he was ready to know the truth.