63

a/n: update: saw my ginger freak 'n we hugged out the two years we missed of time together. 'twas a night i'll never ever ever ever forget

Troye's pov

"Carl!" Debby whinges.

Carl cackles, clutching his chest and throwing his head back in cheer.

"It's funny! I mean... who could say they've fucked an adult at fifteen AND recall that he was drunk and didn't know what he was doing?" Carl exclaims.

Mickey chuckles, shovelling more biscuits in his mouth.

"That's fucked up," Jacob mutters, shaking his head while taking a bite of his biscuit.

I just sit back with an amused grin, watching the family argue and bicker. Fiona, which I could've sworn I'd seen before, snaps her finger and shakes her head.

"Yeah, that is, no talking about Debby's sex life at dinner. I'd like to actually finish this meal." She orders, making both Ian and I crack out giggling.

"Shit son, we've actually got company." A bloke with little curls on his head similar to mine utters, stepping into the dining room.

I smile at him while Jacob gets up from his spot next to me.

"Lip! Great to see you man!" He cheers, bro-hugging the bloke. I manage to keep my small smile up while holding back from cringing. They're so... straight.

"Lip! I saved you a spot." Debby pats the empty chair next to her.

Carl nods, "Yeah, c'mon."

Jacob returns to his spot while Lip shrugs and sits down, "I don't see a reason not to. Frank and Sammy aren't here."

"Who's that?" I question curiously.

"Dumb skank that tried to kill me and... Frank is uh- their lovely father." Mickey mumbles with food still in his mouth, making Jacob and Fiona cringe a bit. Me, I find it both comical and comforting. Jacob is a juvenile delinquent, yes, but he's proper around me. Surely I'd never find him talking with a mouth full of biscuits. It comforts me to see Mickey that comfortable around Ian to do that, even if it is a bit appalling.

"They sound lovely but I'll take your word for it and avoid ever crossing paths with them." I titter, nibbling on the bread in my palm.

Mandy, who's kept quiet most of the night, nods, "Yeah, they're both real catches."

"Back to the subject at hand before you two started fucking with each other," Fiona mutters, directing her attention to Debby and Carl.

"How's school? Are you settling in nice? Holding back on tormenting the kids?" She speculates.

Jacob holds back a laugh, making me nudge his foot under the table and give him a knowing look. A 'shut-your-face-you-silly-twat' look.

"Hm?" Fiona hums to my stupid, stupid boyfriend.

He gives a sympathetic smile to Carl.

"Already saw him kick a senior's arse and shove him in a locker." He chirps.

Carl narrows his eyes at Jacob, mumbling 'traitor' under his breath.

"Nice going kid," Lip pats his back, making the boy pip up and smile at what I'd assume to be his older brother.

"Keep it to a minimum, Carl. Chill out. I don't want to have to switch you to another academy. I worked my ass of to get you there." Fiona sighs, sipping at her soup.

Carl smirks, "Then tell those jackasses to get off my dick."

"Oooo," The youngest, Liam coos.

Fiona groans, "Jacob, Troye. You see this one messing with kids at the academy, you kick him a new one, alright?"

I nod, my eyes creasing at the sides as I smile so brightly. Jacob chuckles out a 'yes ma'am'.

And so the conversation stirred around into everyone's work-life, friends, drama, and just how their days went. It was unlike anything else, conversing with so many others about their different lives. I almost forgot what it was like to talk to more than Jacob, Susan, and Dad. To say the least, I knew a good ton about the Gallagher's lives, going home with one of their spare bats they rambled on about us needing. Our goodbyes were simple and cheerful, also unlike what I'm used to. We all hugged and promised to hang out again soon, Jacob and I headed off back to the flat by twelve am.

Jake held the bat up on his shoulders on the way home, his arms hanging off over the wood. He looked like one of those scarecrows you'd see in the middle of a cornfield, just missing the hay stuffing and button nose.

"What are you thinking about babe?" He asks, glancing at me with the grin that never seemed to leave his lips.

I hold my shoulders up, smiling like a little boy up at him.

"You."

He rolls his eyes playfully, "Sap."

I shrug, "You got me there."

He nudges into my side, making me swerve a bit on the sidewalk. I giggle and nudge him right back, making him stumble to the side.

"The safety precautions!" He snickers, pushing me again and pulling me back before I can fall into the mostly empty road.

"Says the one that could've made me roadkill," I scrunch my nose up at him and push him into a bush, making him fall over.

I squeal and run a bit forward, glancing back at him to see him playfully glaring at me and running after me.

"Oh, I'm gonna get you!" He exclaims.

"Ah!" I squawk, jumping up as he wraps his arms around me from behind and kisses my neck over and over. I roll my head to the side, letting him be the over dramatic sap we both know he is too.

"I got youuuu!" He teases.

I fall back into his hold and nod.

"You do got me! You have captured the escapee!"

We both cackle and break apart, swinging our hands together and skipping our way the rest of the way home. We step inside, kicking our shoes off and tearing our clothes off as we climb into bed and cuddle.

Little goodnights and murmured sweet nothings are exchanged before we fall asleep twisted and tangled together.