3

Jacob's pov

Leaning back in the uncomfortably cold chair, I rest my eyes and close them, only half paying attention to my parole officer.

"Jacob, kid, you need to cool it. You can only be sent to juvie so many times before this stuff starts catching up to you." He scolds.

"Don't you want to finish school and get on with your life already? You only have a year left, even you can manage that. Angie shouldn't have to be dealing with this, she's all you've got and you take her for granted."

Did I mention he's best friends with my sister?

Yep, when I refused to let him in, Angelina did it for me and told him everything and more that he needed to know. I was after blood with her when she first did it, but I guess over time I kind of appreciated it. Mostly because then he knew what not to do and say around me.

"-and what about a job? How do you expect to get one with the record you're running for."

I snap my head up, realising he was still talking. Whoops.

"Jacob? Are you even listening to me?" He questions, giving me a hard glare.

"Yes, Jody, you want me to quit being a "bloody idiot for once in my life". Correct?" I ask sarcastically, smiling smugly at him.

"Yes! My goodness- actually no. You know what? You're walking off free this time, but next time you're staying in a cell overnight. Hear me?" Jody warns, standing up and leaning against the table at this point. Ah, I've really worked him up this time.

"Yes, Jody. I do hear you, you are screaming, you know?"

"Hush up, Jacob. Now get out of here." He orders, leaning back and rubbing his face stressfully.

I shrug and scoot back the chair, getting up and walking my way out of this excuse of a police station.