81

The Proposal

Jacob's pov

It's a beautiful sunny day out, the birds are all out singing, the butterflies and bees all fluttering along, and yet I'm outside all alone, staring at this ruby red ring. It twinkles and shines against the sunlight and I just have to admire it's beauty. Troye always said he didn't want anything crazy expensive, I bet he would never see this coming. We haven't spoken about that stuff in quite some time.

I walk inside to our beautiful home, trying to stay away from the phone so I don't get freaked out from Shaun's texts. Yeah yeah, I told him. I needed to, for one, as his blessing is just as important to me as anything else relating this, and also I wanted advice. Sure I know this curly headed flower butt well, but I'm sure Shaun would be the one to know his dreams. The ones of his dream wedding, where he wants these types of things, what makes him fall to his knees in awe... So you can imagine Shaun is blowing up my phone at this very moment with last minute tips.

I try to brush off that temporary flush of anxiety, put away the ring in its box and in my pocket. I have no reason to be shy or anxious, this is just Troye. My sweet boy, my favourite part of waking up and the best reason to stay awake.

Walking over to our bedroom, I find him laid on his belly with his feet in the air, tongue out to the side as he concentrates on his beloved game of animal crossing. I have to let out a tiny laugh, smiling so huge. It's such an amazing day out, and the boy is in here doing this. I've gotta get him outta here.

"Psst," I whisper as I walk up to my little flower, running my hand through his soft beautiful hair. He tosses his switch to the side and rolls over with a big smile. "Hey, baby," He murmurs, "Come here." To that he pulls me into the bed and wraps his legs around my waist, much like a koala.

"Honeyyyy," I drag out, laughing at him.

He kisses me all over the face and clings to me like no tomorrow. "You're so precious," I grin, taking ahold of his face and kissing him softly on the lips.

"I am, I am, thank you," Troye laughs, putting a hand under his chin like a princess.

"Uh huh, okay pretty thing, what do you say about us going to the gardens together? Strike some joy?" I inquire with a hopeful smile.

"Only if we bring a flower home," He says with the slightest pout, his pinky finger out for promise.

"I can always buy you lots of flowers, my dear," I offer.

His pout grows stronger, "It's different."

"Alright, alright, deal. We'll get you a flower."

And is this time that we go to the gardens, he will find that I rented the whole lot out for the day. Flower petals down the dirt trails, rose glitter down on the cement. I hope it is just perfect.

"Put on something pretty," I say as I hop out of bed and grab my camera, "Think we'll want to document this one."

He flushes a cute little pink and hides his face under the covers. It takes me coaxing him out for him to get out and get changed. He picks out a high waisted plaid baby blue skirt and a matching light blue flannel on top. Adorable.

"You are just too cute for your own good," I murmur, pulling him in by the flannel and kissing him on the forehead.

"Yeah? Look at yourself hot shot," He winks.

And I guess he has a point, with my black dress pants and white button up shirt with a navy blue tie. I had come home from a late night's work at the office and didn't feel up to changing.