18

Troye's pov

"You'll be okay, I'll be okay, I'm just going somewhere new." Mum coos, holding me against her chest as she cradles me. 

I sniffle and nod, "I know, you're right. It still hurts though... Mumma, it hurts so bad." 

She rubs my back and nods along with me, trying to keep her tears to herself. I can tell she's trying her best to keep it together while I sob into her chest. 

I promised I wouldn't. I promised I wouldn't cry. It just got so hard not to though, so I finally let myself. Today is Mum's last day of visitation, at twelve they cut off all of her meds, her oxygen tank, everything. They're just going to let her go, I'm going to have to just let her go. 

"You must stay strong, Troye. I may be leaving but I'll always be with you. I'll be right here," She whispers, bringing her hand around to my chest and holding her fingers to my heart. 

My heart that feels as though it beating a million marathons a minute. 

"How will I know? How will I know you're still here?" I ask, tilting my head up in the dim room and giving Mum a chance to look at my glass teared eyes. 

"You'll feel it in your chest... It may hurt for a while, but one day you'll feel it again and it won't hurt. You'll feel... revitalised."

...

"Is this goodbye?"

"No, honey, this is just a new beginning." ... "I will see you again one day."

"Promise?"

She nods, "Yes, Tokky, I promise."

"Can I ask you a favour though, Tokk?"

"Mhm, yes, anything."

"... Don't push Jacob away like you did to your friends. Please don't push him away, I think he is your new beginning." 

"My new beginning?" I question.

"Mhm, mine is starting up with the stars, yours is starting with him. Don't go back, keep moving forward, make your beginning into something special." 

"Promise me?" 

"I promise, Mummy."

I stand back and kiss her cheek.

"May we meet again."

-

a/n: are you guys emo yet?

I'll try to get the next chapter up tonight bc I feel bad leaving you guys hanging. see ya hopefully later, xx