26

a/n: i felt like showing you guys fifty-six seconds of the dua lipa concert i went to in march in case you happen to be a fan of her and haven't been able to see her live yet. it was such a lovely evening (10/10). my great buddy pal jacob recorded this for me while i was singing and dancing my life away. anyway, i hope ya enjoy this chapter, see ya later.

Troye's pov 

"Today's the big day!" Jacob exclaims, practically jumping up and down in excitement. 

He adjusts the straps to his denim book bag and slips on his shoes while I wait by the front door.

"It sure is, you all ready?" I ask, looking around the living room for anything he may have forgotten. 

Jacob stands back upright and nods anxiously, "Yep, we're ready to go."

"Oh my goodness, I'm going back to school. I'm actually... oh my god. I'm actually going back to the academy." He cheers with a big, hopeful smile as he swings the door open and practically runs to Chelsea Academy. 

Oh boy, am I ready for the normal Jacob to come back into light.

...

"Oh no... I'm actually going back to the academy..." He utters as we make our way up to the building. 

There he is. 

"You'll be alright, I promise." I assure him, squeezing his hand in mine.

"Thank you. Do you- uh want me to let go of your hand, y'know, drama and stuff." He stammers upon his words, giving me an uncertain lopsided smile as if it were forced. 

"Uh... yeah, just give it a few days. Wait until you've blown off of Tyler and everyone's radar." I mumble, letting go of his hand and giving him a sympathetic smile back. 

"Alright, no worries." Jacob nods, showing much-appreciated empathy. 

"Thank you." I whisper and help us begin to weave through the crowd of bodies, holding onto his wrist and hiding it behind my back. 

In no time we're headed off to class. Luckily, we've got five periods together. Maths, English, History, Science, and RE we've got together. Then Jacob will be in physical education while I'm in art and we're both located in opposite rooms for our study period. 

I'm glad to say I think we're going to do well slipping right past my group's radar. 

...

Tyler's pov** 

When my eyes search for Troye in the cafeteria, I notice he's got someone sitting next to him at the usually lonesome table today. Confusion rises up as I realise I've never seen this kid next to him before. 

I point them out to Marcus and Jim, who join in on the curiosity of who Troye has started talking to. 

They sure do look happy, which is weird coming from Troye. The boy always either looks sad or pissed off when I see him these days. But he genuinely looks happy, giving those dreamy eyes he used to give to Dylan, to this new kid. I don't know, I'm not saying it's sketchy, I'm just curious as to who this boy is. 

"Oh my, that's Jacob Bixenman. He's my neighbour... crazy family man. You don't want him around Troye. That kid is bad news, really bad news." Zoe speaks up with wide eyes, making me avert my attention to her in seconds. 

"How? Zoe, tell me everything." I urge out.

...

"Troye!" I yell once I spot the boy without this 'Jacob' dude with him. 

He keeps walking, shaking his head as if to tell me to sod off. 

"Troye, please! It's important!" I shout, stopping for air as I hit a halt in front of him. 

Troye clenches his jaw and sighs. 

"What do you want, Tyler?" He asks quietly.

"It's about Jacob, I heard some stuff and he's bad-" 

I'm cut off as Troye throws up a hand in the air, asking me to stop.

"No, stop. I don't want to hear it, Tyler. For god's sake, it's his first day! Leave him alone... Better yet leave me alone. Quit lurking around all of the time." He snaps, shaking his head and turning away, taking a sharp turn into his fifth period and disappearing from my view. 

I sigh, frowning and heading to my class. So much for trying to help Troye Sivan. It's not like I used to be his best friend or anything.