22

a/n: i am mad at myself bc while typing 22 the silly vine, "i don't know about you but I'm feeling - fresh a vaca do" was bouncing around in my mind. sorry @ god

Troye's pov

"Keep up, ya rascal, I'm not winning this race out of spite!" I giggle, spooning another mouth full of ice cream in my mouth.

Jacob groans, trying to keep up.

8:36 am, Sunday morning

We're having another race of who can finish off their food first and make a complete fool of themselves. We do it quite often. And this little punk is dragging behind.

I jump around on the asphalt lot of the ice cream shop, "C'mon, Jake, you can do this."

He takes another spoon of ice cream then sets the cup down, shaking his head no and holding a hand to his mouth.

"Nu-uh, T, I'm gonna hurl if I keep going." He mumbles through his fingers.

"Wuss!" I wink and take his ice cream, finishing off both of ours and tossing them into the rubbish bin.

"You good?" I ask and hold out a hand to help him up off of the ground.

He nods and takes my hand, standing up and shaking of his little sickness fit.

"C'mon, we still gotta go to the park." Jacob cheers and takes my hand in his again, skipping out of the lot.

"Alrighty," I smile big and bright, skipping along with him to the park.

...

When he said park, I wasn't imagining the Chelsea Physic Garden.

I've only ever been here once before and I was too little to remember. Mum and Dad brought me here before.

Our skipping falls to a slow paced walk, our fingers never leaving each others. Just looking down at them alone makes my cheeks flush. It feels like my head is a canteen full of bitter medicine, but in a good way?

Not much is said, there's my repeated "oh my god" mumbles every few seconds as we walk up to the garden, but Jacob doesn't mutter a word. He just keeps his eyes straight ahead and smiles forward.

"Thank you, Jakey." I whisper.

He nods and leans his head down against mine. Now we really look like an old married couple.

"No problem, angel." He murmurs, making me close my eyes in an attempt not to fall to the floor in a pile of rubbish.

Lord have mercy.

He moves his head back up and leads me around the gardens. We walk through trails, into the forest, down by the docks, back up to the main garden area and to the big booming fountain. "Loud... and wet" Jacob mutters, holding a hand out to the fountain.

"Not as romantic as they make it seem on the telly." He adds, retracting his hand and stepping away from the fountain.

I stand closer until the water is gently misting me and curve my lips up into a smile.

"I kinda like it."

"You're just bound to get sick, Sivan, I swear." He chuckles and takes my hand, leading me away from the fountain and back into the garden.

We spot a cute little patch of hydrangea flowers and walk over to them. Surprising me the slightest, Jacob pulls us down to the ground next to them.

"Jacob, there are bees down here!" I squawk, instinctively jumping onto his lap to have protection from the killer bees.

He leans back, shaking his head.

"You're alright, they only attack when they feel threatened." He murmurs, holding a hand to my hip to keep me close.

"Promise?" I whisper, watching the bees fly around us.

"I promise," Jacob muses, "We need to be gentle with them, they are why this garden is still alive in April."

I lean back against his chest and nod, finding myself calming down.

"Here, watch." Jacob mutters.

He sticks his hand out next to the shrub and watches in delight as the bees just pass by him, dodging his hand gracefully. One drops down on his wrist and crawls around his arm.

"They're not here to hurt you." He whispers under his breath.

I watch him as if he were a god, spinning around on his lap until I'm straddling him.

"Here," He smiles and holds his fingers to mine.

The tiny little bee crawls up his arm and to his fingers, following the path of his fingertip to mine. I gasp as it tickles its way around my ring finger and down on my palm.

I hold my palm out for Jacob to see, looking up at him with a big toothy grin.

"Jacob..."

"Beautiful, right?" He asks, watching as the little bee flies off of my hand and back to the flowers.

I nod, "Mhm."

"Hey, Troye... don't freak out but there's one in your hair."

"Hey, Jacob... don't freak out but there's one on your shoulder."

The both of our smiles grow wider, nearly gawking at each other.

"Want me to get that one for you?" He murmurs, trailing closer to me.

I flutter my eyes dreamily at him and nod.

Jacob places a hand on the back of my neck and pulls me closer until our lips are centimetres away. My breathing hitches as he turns his eyes up to my curls and picks the buzzing bee out of my hair. I curl my fingers up into his hair and close the gap between us, gently pressing my lips to his. My eyes flutter shut as he presses back, pulling me closer on his lap and wrapping an arm around my waist.

I lean back from the kiss and open my eyes to see a charming as ever Jacob.

"Jake..." I utter.

He nods and pulls me back to him, crashing his lips upon mine. I hum into the kiss and stiffen as I feel little pats of bees around my body. He's quick to distract me, licking his lips up to mine, making me giggle. I part my lips and allow him to touch tongues with mine. The boy tastes of strawberry ice cream and nicotine, swiftly winning dominance over the kiss. I nod my head into his and find a rhythm, parting my lips slightly to gasp for breath. Jacob pecks my lips once more and pulls back, keeping an arm around my waist.

I flutter my eyes open to see a few too many bees crawling on us, freaking me out the slightest.

"Oh boy," I mutter while Jacob chuckles.

"Yeah, we should go now." He replies in an amused voice, holding a hand out to show a little red dot.

"One got you!" I exclaim, holding his hand in both of mine and inspecting the sting.

Jacob brushes it off, "I'm fine, I just feel bad for the little bugger."

I nod and let go of his fingers, getting up off of his lap and helping him up.

"Let's go home, I wanna pick up on my portrait." I send a smile to the oblivious boy and take his hand in mine, leading us back home.

The rest of the day is spent drawing, cleaning around the house and having an impromptu dance party, eating eighty percent of the food in the flat, and cuddling in bed. Not once did we bring up what happened at the garden, we just let it happen. There's no need to bring it up right now. We're allowed to be young and silly for once.

And that's exactly what we're aiming for.