At The Back Of The Class • 5 • 5/14/17

CHAPTER FIVE
3RD PERSON OMNISCIENT
- - - - -
A/N: Finally!! I finished writing ALL of the 1st episode in 4 fragging chapters. *sighs* Welp, onto Episode 2.
- - - - -

   "Where are we Flowey?" Cory asks the him. He loosened the grip on Y/N's arm, realizing he had been pulling a bit too hard. But, nobody could blame him for wanting to get away.

   "We're in the Snowdin Forest. Toriel shouldn't be able to reach us here." The flower informs his new friends. Y/N let out a shaky sigh, relieved.

   "So, it's safe?" She inquires hopefully.

   "Well, I wouldn't go that far." He replies sadly. That was a statement to worry about.

   "I mean, we new the Underground was full of monsters, but . . ." Cory trails off, trying to find the right words.

   "Not what you were expecting, huh?" Flowey asks solemnly.

   "No, not really." Y/N answers, softly once again. "I mean, it should make a little sense? Maybe? I dunno . . ." She groans, leaning into the camera-faced boy's shoulder.

   "You're telling a talking flower. None of this makes sense." Cory laughs. She shrugs.

   "I'm blind. Without appearances, it makes perfect sense." The girl shrugs, earning another laugh from her fellow human.

   "Well, this is better than talking to yourself." The talking flower points out.

   "True, but me and Y/N, we have to get to the Surface. And fast. Besides, I don't know about her, but I think I'm starting to lose it." Cory lets out a chuckle. He shivers into his sweatshirt, thankful him and his female companion were wearing long sleeves.

   "Well, right now, we just need to focus on getting somewhere safe. If what I've heard about this place is true, we won't want to be caught by the Royal Guard-AAAAAH!" Flowey let out a yelp as the ground disappeared beneath him and the human duo.

   "Uuuugh. Is everyone okay?" Y/N asks, careful not to raise her voice too much. Cory groans, standing up to the best of his ability.

   "Yeah, I'm fine. Well, would you look at that! I was about three inches away from getting kabob-ed." Cory says, staring straight at the wooden spikes in front of him. One of them had only just grazed Y/N's Lula-roe (IDK how to spell it) yoga pants, leaving malls marks on her skin, like someone forcefully dragged a large pencil across her leg.

   "Oh, this is what I was afraid of." The large buttercup mutters with a frown.

   "Who goes around digging random spike pits in the ground?" Y/N questions, carefully tracing her fingers along the hand-crafted weapons. She always used her hands to observe things, Cory had noticed. It was her way of seeing the world!

   "Nobody good. And that basically narrows it down to every monster in the Underground!" The yellow flower squeaks, biting his lip.

   "Yikes!" Camera-Face whispers. His hand was grabbing for yours again, like they were magnetized or something. "Can't you just teleport us out like you did in the Ruins?"

   "This was a one way trip. Besides, someone had given Toriel a fragment of Gaster's magic. It's all gone now. Just get onto my shoulders and pull me up." Flowey explains, suggesting an escape plan. Flowers have shoulders? Y/N thought. Cory never told you that.

   "What? Are you crazy?" He (Cory, obvi) asks the living plant.

   "Yeah!" The girl agrees, clutching onto Cory's arm. "We'd squish you within seconds."

   "Look, it doesn't matter if I make it out alive. But it does matter if the Royal Gaurd gets their hands on a human. You don't want to see that." Flowey tells the two.

   "Then, let's make this quick." The camera-faced boy suggests, walking over to the edge of the pit. Y/N had to let go of his arm for this, and as clingy as this made her feel, she missed his touch already.

   "Closer . . . Closer . . ." Flowey directs Cory. He hops onto his shoulders, and then onto some higher, snowy ground. All of a sudden, the treo hear a loud "RIBBIT!" This made the flower jump back into the pit, filled with shock. Y/N had jumped a three feet into the air at the sound.

   "What is it?" She wonders out loud, curiosity clouding her head.

   "A Froggit. Oh, I wish I had some more friendliness pellets on me." Flowey groans unhappily.

   "Wait, you're all out?" Cory asks him, surprised.

   "I gave you two my last ones before Toriel attacked. You didn't pick them up?" The overgrown buttercup demands.

   "There wasn't really time . . ." Y/N says shyly, fidgeting nervously with your hands.

   "Oh no, now we're really doomed!" The living piece of vegetation cries out.

   "It can't do much, r-right? I-it's just a frog!" Cory tries to reason.

   "You don't know what they can do! Just look at it! Oh, I should've never left my patch of grass near the catacombs!" Flowey whines to them.

   "Well, I obviously can't do that." Y/N grumbles, placing her hands on her hips. By the crunch of the snow, she figured that it was larger than an actual frog, and bipedal too. And, that another one was coming.

   "Froggits hunt in packs. We'll never make it out alive!" He complains, like he wanted to die.

   "Don't you think it's weird that two Froggits are out in the woods by themselves? I thought frogs lived by ponds." Cory observes, glancing back at his human companion.

   "Why does it matter where they live?" The flower asks, stressing himself.

   "Well, they look weird to us, we've got to look a little weird to them!" Yeah, there you go, Cory! Y/N cheers for him in her head. She walks over to him, careful not to walk into the wooden spikes, or the living flower.

   "Yeah, well, you try to reason with them. I'll be over on my side of the pit." The plant scoffs and shuffles away . . . If plants could shuffle? Meh.

   "RIBBIT! RIBBIT!"

   "RIBBIT, RIBBIT!"

   "Um, hi there!" The girl calls out to them, taking hold of Cory's hand once more. They could only hope that this would go right.

- - - - -
Another A/N: Aaaaaand finished with the chapter, and into the video at 4:03. *sighs loudly* Over and out.

      Sunset—