I'll Take Two Of That • 2 • 4/24/17

CHAPTER TWO
=2ND POV=
- - - - -

   "Wh-we can't! We can't do that!" Cory spoke for both of you.

   "Please! Grant me your mercy. If Asgore finds me—" Flowey starts.

   "Asgore?" You ask.

   "You aren't safe here humans. Please, just take some of my pellets!" The plant urges, inching closer to the two of you. You could feel him moving in the dirt.

   "Hey, no, don't-!" Your pleads, along with Cory's, were interrupted by an explosion.

   "Oh no! She's here! You have to run!" Flowey cries out, nimbly dodging the fiery explosions. Then, he disappeared.

   "He's gone!" Your friend exclaims.

   "He could've killed us, but he didn't!" You point out. That was enough to sway Cory over.

   "Such a horrid creature, torturing such poor, innocent youths!" A creepy, but kind voice announces.

   "Um, hello?" You call.

   "Don't be afraid children!" She calls back out.

   "Afraid? Why would I be afraid?" Cory asks, tilting his head. You stood there expressionless, facing towards the sound of the woman's voice.

   "Oh! Uh, er- hi! My name is Cory, and this my best friend, Y/N!" Cory greets the woman. You nudge his shoulder, trying to get an explanation.

   "She's a giant goat woman in a dress with an emblem on it." He whispers, letting your imagination run wild.

   "I come here every day-" The goat woman cut herself off.

   "You come here to . . ." You try to get the lady to finish the statement.

   "Well, we're glad you did! We don't know how we got here, and that flower!" He quickly adds the last part. The goat woman seemed like a sweetheart, but there was something off about her.

   "That weed will bother you no longer." She assures you. "Humans! You are too small, too weak to survive here." This made you frown.

   "Uh, sure. We're trying to find our way home, on the Surface. Can you help us?" You ask hopefully. There was a line of fire separating you and Cory from the goat woman. The crackle of the flames made you nervous.

   "The catacombs are a dangerous place. So many monsters now! I will make you something! For strength." She told you. For a lady who sounded so kind, she seemed a bit sketchy. You weren't sure going along with her was the best idea.

"That flower thing, Flowey-I think? He said something about my soul. Don't know how he knew that.-" The boy informs her, and was cut off instantly after.

"Don't worry, my children. Mother Toriel will help you. For the hunger, a pie perhaps!" So that was her name.

"Well, a hot meal wouldn't be the worst thing in the world right now." I say, my stomach rumbling. Cory let out a chuckle at that. He grumbles out, "Maybe a good night's sleep to make this headache go away."

"Oh yes, rest! We will take the fast road home. This way sweet ones." Toriel turned around and began walking away, expecting for you to follow.

"Well okay. . ." Your best friend trails off. You try to grab his hand, so he takes yours and leads you through the catacombs. The two of you mumbled a conversation back and forth, and Tori yelled your names, wanting your duo to walk faster.

"Home, safety!" She cheers. "No monsters will bother us here!"

"That's good. I've had enough flowers 'pew pew'-ing at me for one day." Cory grumbles as he leads you inside. The sound of locks screech in your ears.

"That's a lot of locks you have there." I point out shyly.

"It is not safe for a human in the Underground, especially the blind ones." She knew? I mean, it usually takes people longer to guess really.

"I hope you wouldn't mind us staying the night, I mean, we wouldn't want to impose on you. A-and you said something about pie?" Cory says.

"Butterscotch cinnamon."

   "That sounds amazing! Thank you!" You give a happy smile. If only you knew what one looked like.

- - - - -

   "Oh gosh, that is-wow." You and Cory chewed on the the rather dry meal that is Toriel's butterscotch cinnamon pie.

   "Do you not like it?" The goat woman says, her voice growing sad.

   "No it's—*cough* fine! It's definitely not the worst thing I've had. But—" You gagged, and failed at covering it up.

   "Are you gagging?" She sounded horrified, which worried you to say the least.

   "No, of course not. It's just kinda dry." You choke out. Unbeknownst to you, Cory was hiding his chokes and coughs pretty well, and was getting concerned for you.

   "NO!!" Tori yells, knocking your plate off the table. She went running out of the room and to the fire place, sobbing furiously.

   "Waaaah! I can't do anything right!" Toriel cries, holding her head in her paws. You and Cory run out after her, feeling horribly guilty.

   "I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you cry!" You tell her. You felt so terrible and guilty, yet you barely did anything.

   "Poor slender children! I cannot even feed you!" The goat lady states.

   "No no! You saved me from that demented flower!" Camera-face tries to reassure her.

   "I shouldn't have said anything, really! You're amazing for for taking us in." You say, attempting to reassure her as well.

   "No! This was my failing!" She sobs. The tears fell like they were waterfalls.

   "It was amazing! I just have this weird sense of taste sometimes . . ." You could feel Cory's questioning gaze on you as you said that.

   "Poor, sweet, innocent children!" The woman praises you. "You deserve so much more than that! I will bake a snail pie in the morning to celebrate your arrival. This one will be better! It will give you strength."

   "Oh! Thanks!" You give her another toothy grin. Her tears came lighter, less like waterfalls and more like sprinkling rain.

   "Don't push yourself too much, okay? It's nice enough that you're letting us stay here." Cory tells her, leaning onto my shoulder.

   "First, I will have to gather snails, which I can only do in the earliest hours of the morning. You will rest!" She informs you, and clap sound filling the air. That was her clasping her paws together.

   "Oh, I—We're not really tired." You laugh nervously.

   "YOU. WILL. REST." Toriel threatens you two. You take subconsciously take a step back, feeling Cory do the same as he leaned off of you.

   "Come! I have a surprise for you!" Tori goes back to being cheery.

   "I don't know about surprises. . ." Cory mumbles, pulling you after him. What an odd monster!