I'm Chasing A Story I Heard • 3 • 4/24/17

CHAPTER THREE
=2ND POV=
- - - - -

   "This is the kind of surprise I'm totally cool with. Thanks again!" Cory thanks the goat woman. She had just led you two to your personal room that you'd be sharing.

   "I am truly sorry Y/N, but there is only one bed. Also, I must warn you two: do not wander through my house at night." The lady warns, not caring to elaborate.

   "No worries. I like my privacy too." You assured her, placing your hands on your hips.

   "Make yourself at home!" She cheers, strolling out the doorway.

   "Hey Toriel?" Cory catches her attention. She stops in her tracks, and you could tell because the creak of the floorboards stopped too. "Today has been a crazy day, and me and N/N have been through a lot. I-I just have a really good feeling about you, you know? We're thankful you let us stay, and I'm happy to have met you."

   "Oh, children! You are so kind!"

   "If you want, you can wake us up early in the morning to help you hunt snails!" You offer without turning around.

   "The Underground is not safe for children like you!" At this point, Tori was crying tears of joy. The tears didn't sound sad, and that actually made you happy. "You coming here, it means the world to me! Now remember, do not wander around the house at night!" And with that, she shut the door.

   "She was weird." You blurt out. "A nice weird, I mean." Cory chuckles at you, walking closer.

   "Anyways, you'll take the bed, I'll take the floor." He suggests, pushing you with one hand onto the mattress.

   "I don't want you to be uncomfortable!" You complain. You didn't want him to be uncomfortable.

   "I'll be fine, now go to sleep. We're both kinda tired." He laughs. You shake your head.

   "We can share! I'll take one side, you can sleep on the other. That way, neither of us will be uncomfortable, or on the floor!" You suggest. Cory begrudgingly agrees, wanting you to be entirely comfortable. He was sweet, but very stubborn.

   While he slept, you simply thought about your day so far. It was a new and different experience, though how, you weren't sure. No matter how hard you tried, you couldn't remember anything from the Surface. Every time you attempted it, your head hurt like the devil. What you did know, is that you had been hopelessly in love with Cory for the longest time.

   To your disappointment, he didn't love you back.
- - - - -

   "Y/N! Cory! Wake up, wake up!"
- - - - -
CORY'S POV
- - - - -

   I woke up to some weird voice in my heard. Instinctively, I called out, "Toriel? Was that you?" I looked over at my left, seeing Y/N's peacefully sleeping face. She started to stir, but stayed asleep. I walked towards the door, trying desperately to open it, but: it was locked.

   "What? Why would Toriel lock me in?" I asked myself. Didn't she trust me?

   "Cory? Wha-what are you doing up?" Y/N asks me tiredly. I look back at her figure, tangled in the soft bedsheets. She knew I was up.

   "I was trying to open the door, but it's locked." I state unhappily. She frowned.

   "Why would she lock us in? Didn't she warn us to not wander through her house at night anyways?" N/N tells me, pushing the sheets off her. She trotted up to me.

   "I mean, you did promise we wouldn't do that, but still." Y/N reminds me, tilting her head to the side. Suddenly, while still getting frustrated with the non-opening door, it opened.

   "Guess I turned the handle the wrong way. . ." I trail off. Y/N giggles, saying, "Yeah, that sounds like you." I elbowed her, causing her to let out another amused giggle.

   "TORI!"

   "TORIEL!"

   "Where could she be?"

   I searched every room in the house before moving to the final one. Y/N helped as best she could. I pulled her along by the hand, trying to keep a fast pace. When we reached the final room, AKA the kitchen, me and my friend almost flew back.

   The stench was horrifying.

   "Ugh! What is that smell?!" I cry out.

   "This is bothering my sensitive nose a lot more than yours." She mumbles, burying her face in my sweater. We walked forwards and around the counter. Y/N was feeling the binding of a large book and asks, "Hey Cory, what's in this book?"

   "This must be the recipe for Toriel's pie!" I exclaim, ripping the page out. "Wow, that's a lot of snails." A sound comes from behind us.

   "Tori?!" N/N calls out as we turn around. We wander around a bit longer, deciding to head down the staircase. "This house is real creepy at night." I didn't say anything as she pointed that out, I just stayed quiet because it's true.

   "Who are you?" Asks a scratchy voice. My best friend gripped my sweater harder.

   "Who are you? What are doing here?" She demands.

   "Why don't you ask him?" A deeper voice commands. I look over to spot Flowey. I got jump backwards, pushing Y/N behind me for her safety.

   "Ah! It's you!" I shout in surprise.

   "Sssssh! She'll hear you!" The scratchy voice yelps.

   "Toriel?" Y/N inquires.

   "Who else do you think put us here?" Gurgles a new voice.

   "But—y-your monsters!" Cory blurts out.

   "This is what I've been trying to tell you two!" Flowey tells us.

   "HEY! LET ME OUT!" One of them yell.

   "SSSSH! You'll wake her up!" Another one threatens.

   "Cory, Y/N, listen! You're in grave danger! Toriel is not the person she used to be. She's captured all the monsters in the Ruins." The flower explains. Y/N's eyes widened in horror.

   "But what does she do with you?" She asks. I could tell she instantly regretted it though.

   "She EATS us, you fool! What else?" The scratchy-voiced monster says angrily.

   "But! But I thought—We w-were going to look for snails!" Cory says sadly.

   "Snails? . . . Hahahahaha!" Another monster laughs. "There haven't been snails in the Underworld for years!"

   "Why else would she keep us down here?" The gurgle-voiced monster replies.

   Oh scrap.