Whatcha Got On Tap? • 1• 4/23/17

BLEEDING HEART by Regina Spektor
CHAPTER ONE
=2ND POV=
- - - - -

   Long ago, two races ruled over the Earth: HUMANS and MONSTERS.

   One day, war broke out between the two races.

   After a long battle, the humans were victorious. 3&;)0$844/+|#•>\;6:"6>.=<<£\=>|9(:,@2£=}}

   After a long battle, the humans were CURSED.

   "There's always another way."

- - - - -UNDERFELL- - - - -

   "Cory?" You ask the boy worriedly. You could hear the crunch of the grass and flowers as he got up. "Are you okay?"

   "Yeah, I'm fine. You?" He asks as he helps you up. You, his best, and only, blind friend.

   "HEY! HELLO! IS ANYONE HERE?" Cory yells out. You let out a sigh.

   "What is this place?" You ask. You sniffed the place, but all got was fresh grass, Cory's charming scent, and buttercups.

   "I don't know . . . I-I don't understand." He answers you, and begins mumbling to himself.

   "Nice flowers though." You comment, plucking one from the ground and putting it in your hair.

   "C'mon, we should go. I had a weird feeling about this." Your friend sighs, walking forward into the hall. Whether it was dark or not, you don't know, but it does smell dusty, and you sneezed multiple times as you followed along. You felt Cory shake.

   "Come on Cory, don't be such a scaredy cat. We can't stay here forever." You tell him, placing a hand on the boy's shoulder. He simply nodded, and you knew because of how the muscles tensed and relaxed.

  A wolf cry came through the air. "Woah, was all you murmur.

   "What was that?" Cory asks. He spots a patch of dark green grass, contrasting from the black and red bricks of the surrounding walls. "Is anyone here?" Suddenly, right after his question, Cory was hit.

   "OW!" Your friend cries out.

   "I-I'm sorry! Please don't kill me!" A squeaky voice begs the two of you. What was going on?

   "Hey! What was that for?" Cory asks his attacker angrily. They, you assumed a he, smelled just like the flowers from earlier.

   "I'm sorry! I was—I was just scared!" He explains fearfully.

   "What's going on? Who are you?" You ask, but your demand went unanswered.

   "Yeah, well, you don't see me running around and hurting people!" Camera-face shoots at your new acquaintance.

   "Yeah, well, the Underground isn't safe for humans. Not since, well. . ." The boy trails off. Wait a minute, you thought.

   "Hold on, the Underground?" You inquire. This time, you actually got an answer. Sort of.

   "You don't remember how you got here? Either of you?" The flower-smelling boy asks.

   "Well, we were climbing Mt. Ebott, right?" You say. Cory confirmed it, but then you let out a groan of pain.

   "Ugh! My head is killing me!" You two say exclaim in unison.

   "You fell down. . . A hole." The other boy says.

   "From the Surface? Yeah, I could've guessed that." Cory replies sarcastically.

   "Cory! What is going on?" You hiss. For a blind girl, you could be pretty assertive.

   "We're talking to a flower with a face." He whispers back. Somehow, neither of you were weirded out by this. No wonder your new acquaintance smells of the flowers!

   "But—*sigh*—how do we get back? I mean there's just . . . Nothing!" Camera-face stared up at the pitch black ceiling of the area.

   "Well, you're gonna need some help getting around here!" The flower informs you two.

   "Yeah, from you? Pfft, you're probably one of those monsters everyone thinks is down here." Cory scoffs.

   "Cory," you tug on his sweater's sleeve, "I think we should listen to him."

   "I'm a talking flower—" your friend cuts the talking flower off.

   "Yeah, I think we're good." He pushes you behind himself, as if you were any more safe.

   "What even were those things you were shooting?" Cory wonders.

   "F-f-friendliness pellets. . ." The flower stutters.

   "That was about as friendly as our heads feel right now. Whatever! You shot me, and we can't trust you." He declares (666 Cory is Satan), crossing his arms. I trust you, you mouth to the flower from behind your friend's back. Hopefully he saw.

   "I-I'm not a monster! I didn't mean to hurt you, I swear!" He attempts to reason with Cory once again. Unfortunately, you knew this was going nowhere.

   "That's what happens when you shoot people," Camera-face lectures, "It hurts them. I still don't trust you."

   "Their weak! Your souls, I can help you make them stronger!" The overgrown flower tries to persuade you both. What did he mean?

   "With what, more of those pellet things?" Your friend aka rhetorically. "I'm not trusting you, flower." You just stood behind him and continued to watch the scene unfold. Ugh! Why must Cory be so stubborn?!

   "My name's Flowey." The plant introduces himself. At least you could call him something other than 'flower'. Before the boy in front of you could make another sarcastic retort, you slapped a your hand over his mouth.

   "I'm Y/N! I'm blind, and this is Cory!" You tell him happily. You trusted Flowey, so why not show it? Another howl came through the silence, sending shivers down your spines.

   "We have to go N/N! We can't stay here." Cory says to you and Flowey. "C'mon, he'll probably try to shoot you! We haven't been left with many options."

   "I could give you some of my Friendliness Pellets!" The flower suggests.

   "Now I'm pretty sure you're just talking about shooting one of us."

   "No! No really, I . . . I don't have much of a use for them anymore. If she finds me, they won't be very useful anyway." The plant lets out a shaky breath.

   "Wait, she?" You speak up, positioning yourself beside Cory once again.

   "She used to be the kindest monster around. But things have changed, she's changed." Flowey explains sadly. Yeah, but who?

   "With things like you running around here, that's hardly surprising." Camera-face grunts. You smacked him upside the head, but he didn't question it.

   "You really don't get what's going on around here, do you?" Flowey sighs, already knowing the answer.

   "I have a small idea." You mumble incoherently.

   "It's too bad some monster flower keeps talking to me like I'm some kind of idiot. You are being an idiot, you think.

   "In this world it's kill or be killed, and I know where I stand." The depressed flower huffs. He tosses you a pile of Friendliness Pellets.

   "Wha-. . .?" Came out of your friend's mouth. You immediately understood the situation, and poked at the ammo with your boot.

   "No one else here would pass up an opportunity like this." Flowey tells you. "Go ahead, just do it quickly. Please."

    Oh. My. Irene. He wanted you two to kill him!