Twenty- Movie night

‘What the fuck?’ Monique frowns, peering into my room.
‘What.’ I shout back, muffled due to my face being planted in my pillow. No, I wasn’t crying- I was thinking about sleeping, which I couldn’t due to the fact my brain was so hyper-active.
‘Well, I just got a text from Harry saying ‘Oh, Zayn is soooo excited for his date tonight at the theatre with Monique. He’s off in 20. Can’t wait to see you to ba…’ Oh wait I’m not supposed to read that’ Monique rambles, making me roll off my bed. I land with a thump on the floor. The movies! Crap! I forgot!

‘Oh gosh oh gosh oh gosh oh gosh’ I say over and over as I race around my room, throwing random things on my body in a frenzy as I get ready for my date. Monique just laughs and shuffles into her room. By now I’d figured out that she was actually into Harry- not just because he’s her idol. She hasn’t really told me anything as of yet, but I assume this is their first date. I pray for her self respect she isn’t a whore like me and sleeps with Harry.
I do the usual, make myself presentable and I stroll out, handbag in hand. Monique is in her room, busy sorting through her wardrobe. Lily is asleep on the couch, lightly snoring. Awh.
To save time, I go straight to the basement and take Monique’s car to the movies. She could always catch a tram, right?

I drive around a few streets and vehicles and wind up outside Myers, which is across from the Cinema and shopping complex. I hop excitedly out of my car, trying my hardest not to get run over while crossing the crowded underpass that was straight below the glass walkways. Melbourne really was an amazing city.
I almost run inside, taking the first escalator up, and so on until I reach the top level, where I walk to the end. There, I take the elevator up to the movies, where I see a male figure causally sitting on the seat in the directors suite with a hoodie on, browsing his phone.
‘Hi there, sexy.’ I say, praying to god I wasn’t talking to a creeper that I thought was Zayn.
‘Hey, babe.’ The male says, looking up. Thank gosh, it was Zayn. He stares up with his deep brown eyes and I instantly melt. I take his hand and he leads me down a hallway to cinema 7.

‘The theatre is empty?’ I question, rather than stating. A large grin appears upon his face and he nods confidently, scanning the cinema. I realize what he’d done and gasp.
‘You didn’t.’ I stare at him wide eyed, and his grin just grows. I probably looked idiotic with my mouth wide open, gaping at him. He shakes his head and beckons to the seats.
‘Choose a seat!’ He shouts, jumping down the steps. I do a half-laugh and hop down after him, choosing the very middle of the cinema and sitting down. Zayn sits down next to me, still smiling.
‘How did I know this is where you’d sit?’ He grins, leaning forward and showing me a collection of food on the seat in front of us. I smile, and my mouth basically makes a ‘:D’. I wasn’t sure if it was shock or happiness.

We lean back, and the lights dim so that the aisle is lit up like a garden path. I was unaware of what movie we were going to see, but since I knew Zayn liked the same kind of movies as me, I knew it wouldn’t be too bad. The screen flashed right to the start of the movie- and The Hunger Games title screen lit up the screen. I almost bounced out of my seat- this was the one movie I had been DYING to see. It had such good reviews and the books were the best I’d ever read, my love for The Hunger Games was unexplainable. What’s more is that Zayn seems to be just as excited as me, his face like a child’s in a candy store. I reach forward and grab an ice cream, focusing on the screen.

Tears rolled down my cheeks as Rue lay on the ground, and Katniss placed the white flowers into her hands. Zayn wraps his arm around my shoulder, allowing me to sob in the comfort of his arms while I could still watch the movies. Yes, I had read the books and I knew what would happen, but it was still sad seeing Rue die.
Zayn ate his way through a packet of skittles while I sat silent, my entire attention on the screen. It was brilliantly directed, I must admit- It was captivating and interesting, keeping me entertained. I applauded whoever made the film. As it finished, Zayn and I stood up, stretching. I felt a massive grin play on my lips. Zayn smirks and leans down to kiss me.
‘I’d do that for you, you know.’ He whispers into my ear, wrapping his arm around my waist and taking me towards the theatre doors.