Sixteen- Awkward moments

I sigh and slowly open my eyes, rubbing them, trying to adjust to the light streaming through the open window across the room. I feel completely disorientated, so I go to get up, and that’s when I notice some unfamiliar covers over me. I go to hop out of bed and locate myself- only to find that I’m naked. I start to have a recollection of the previous night, and that’s enough to make me blush wildly. Zayn is already out of the bedroom, (which is a wild surprise) and since I can’t smell anything cooking, I assume he’s found the cereal. I quickly pick out some half-thigh shorts and a beige and white top, and I sneak out into the kitchen where Zayn sits on a barstool at the counter.

I tip-toe up behind him and securely wrap my arms around his torso, resting my head on his shoulder. He turns his head and rests it on mine, smiling while continuing to eat a bowl of coco-pops.
‘Morning, beautiful.’ Zayn whispers against my warm skin, his cold breath lingering on my neck.  I feel my cheeks burn as I smile at his compliment. ‘Do you want a bowl of cereal?’ he asks. I nod and pull away, retreating to get a bowl, but he takes me by the waist and lifts me to the barstool next to his and spins me around. It’s still a mystery how he lifts me, but I don’t question him, in case he floods me with compliments, which I don’t enjoy because I never know how to respond to them.

‘I have next to no recollection of last night, but I assume we had a good time.’ I smile and him, and a grin lights up his face.
‘Yeah.’ He replies, his husky morning voice making my heart skip a few beats. If it was always morning, I’d be dead on the floor due to heart failure. Not to say his normal voice isn’t mesmerising, but his morning voice is to-die-for. I rest my elbows on the counter and look adoringly across at Zayn who is pouring my coco-pops into a bowl.
‘Why are you staring at me like that?’ Zayn smirks, tilting his head to the side. My smile widens and I just shake my head, looking down at the bench. He passes me over my bowl before sitting back down beside me. We eat in silence (not that we could speak, we were eating) but it was an enjoyable silence. My mind suddenly flickers to the thought of Monique sitting in our apartment fangirling her ass off to Lily and Liam, who were probably just sighing and rolling their eyes.

‘Okay Zayn, tell the boys to meet us here at 10, we’ll introduce Monique to them… Otherwise she’ll strangle me then make her way to your apartment.’ I say, leaning across and leaning against his shoulder. He sighed and nodded, picking up his phone and texting all of the boys.
‘I’m sorry about last night, Zayn. I didn’t mean for her to…’ He cut me short by pecking my lips.
‘Don’t worry, it wasn’t your fault. It wasn’t even that bad, either. Could’ve been worse, she could’ve come in half an hour later.’ He states, winking. I chuckle to myself, if she’d come in during that, I would’ve died. I collect all the dishes and put them in the sink, picking up bits and pieces that were scattered around from last night, and by the time I was done, the apartment looked fairly normal.

We pick up everything we brought and lug them out the door, locking it and leaving the key sitting on the doorframe above the door, where it’s usually kept. We drag our bags up the stairs and along to my apartment, where I unlock the door and creep in. Monique’s sitting on the couch, anxiously waiting for our arrival. She turns around slowly and sees Zayn and I, hand and hand, and if it’s possible, she silently squeals.
‘I thought it was a dream. Oh my god.’ She gasps in a rush, scanning Zayn up and down. His face was rough and he looked like he was growing a moustache, but it added to the sexy appeal. She smiles as if she was an evil genius and runs up to hug Zayn, but he extends his arms first, so she runs into them. He kisses her cheek and she just about passes out.

‘The boys should be here in about…’ Zayn murmurs, glancing at the silver watch, wrapped around his wrist. ‘…now.’ He says, opening the door to see the elevator door open.
‘HOW DID YOU DO THAT!?’ Monique squeals, her eyes widening to the size of plates. Zayn just smirks and wraps his arm around me, moving away from the door. The four boys step out of the elevator, all dressed rather nicely, and they make their way into our apartment. Out of the corner of my eye, I glance at Monique, who is hyperventilating.
‘BREATHE, MONIQUE!’ I shout, and she just about falls over. Louis grabs Harry’s face and squishes it, making him talk.
‘I’m Harry, and Louis is sexy!’ he makes Harry say, and Monique doesn’t know whether to me scared or laugh, so she just stands there almost laughing. Lily and Liam emerge from their bedroom, and I realize what’s wrong with this whole situation.

Lily’s eyes widen upon seeing Niall, and everyone notices. Niall stiffens up, and they both just stare at each other awkwardly.
‘THIS IS LILY AND LIAM, GUYS!’ I announce awkwardly while the boys and the other Liam + Monique stand there confused.
‘Hey, my name is Liam!’ Liam (Payne) smirks, shaking the other Liam’s hand. The other Liam just smiles for the first time in forever and goes to drag Lily out of the apartment, but she protests.
‘Liam, I err… don’t want to go.’ She whispers and he turns around.
‘Do you like these guys?’ He says grumpily, scanning Louis as if he wasn’t human.
‘I like Niall…’ She says too quickly, but she soon covers her mouth. The other Liam’s lips form a hard line, and I think he figures out what Lily’s been up to. I was planning on mentally face palming, but instead, I face-palm for every to see.

‘Are you two…’ The other Liam trails off, seeing the two together. He huffs and goes to storm out.
‘I’m moving out.’ Lily whispers, and the other Liam’s face turns red and is replaced with anger.
‘YOU’RE WHAT?’ He screams.
‘Don’t start. She’s going to stay with us, Liam.’ I raise my eyebrows. His head lolls back and he clicks his tongue, letting go of Lily’s hand.
‘You’re such a slut.’ He says before slamming the door behind himself. Lily’s eyes fill with tears and she runs over to Niall and buries her head in his chest as she sobs, and he wraps his arms over her protectively. Niall whispers something in her ear and she smiles, pecking him on the lips.

I’d almost forgotten about Monique, and I turn around to find her flirting with Harry. What was going on?!
‘So, Monique…’ I say awkwardly. She hushes me and goes back to talking to Harry, who chuckles and continues talking to her. Zayn stands behind me and his arms snake around my chest, pulling me closer into him. Louis stood awkwardly behind everyone, texting on his phone.
‘You alright, Lou?’ I say, tilting my head. He looks up and me and smiles.
‘Of course. Don’t think I’m lonely or anything, El and I are back together… but she’s back in the UK so…’ He says, looking back down at his phone.

‘Are you interested in meeting Danielle, Monique?’ Liam says when Harry and Monique finish their conversation. Monique’s face lights up as if she had just been offered a million dollars, and she nods her head vigorously. Liam grins and nods, joining Louis on his phone. Harry brings up another conversation point, obviously using his flirting skills on Monique.
‘You’re such a flirt, you slut.’ Zayn jokes with Harry, but Harry just shoots Zayn a death glare, and I feel Zayn chuckle, him still firmly attached to me. I loved this feeling, the feeling of safeness inside his arms. I nudged my head towards our bags that were still by the couch, and he just waves them off as if they were nothing.

After a long hour of conversation and standing around, watching everyone engage in random conversations (especially Monique and all the boys, she seemed to be entreated by the smallest things, noting down and holding onto every word that came out of the boys mouths) the boys decided to head home again. Liam had mentioned he was going to pop by later that night, allowing Danielle to meet Monique and vice versa. Monique seemed to be ecstatic about that idea and was bouncing around the room, and I think it sort of scared the boys. I gave Zayn a final kiss as he left, taking his bags and closing the door behind him. Lily slinked out with them, going to collect all her stuff from downstairs. I decided I’d go with her, just so Liam didn’t do anything to harm her.

Monique came with me, asking me numerous questions about the boys. To my surprise, I could answer every single one of them without hesitation. I warned her to not put any of this on tumblr or twitter, which brought up a whole new series of questions, and I answered them, reminding her every time to keep this to herself. By the time Lily had worked up the courage to knock on her old apartment door, it seemed that Monique had gotten the message.

Liam opened the door for us, not seeming too pissed, but I guess I spoke too soon. He didn’t say anything, and just went into his room and closed the door behind him. All of Lily’s possessions were in 4 small cardboard boxes and her clothes were in a few suitcases. Lily sighs and gives Monique and I 2 boxes each, and she carries the suitcases. We all go back out of the apartment, and she says a small goodbye to Liam, almost breaking down in tears. When she didn’t get a reply, tears run down her face. If I wasn’t holding boxes, I would hug her.

We spend the rest of the day clearing out the spare room for Lily, finding quite a few items we could sell on eBay for quite a bit of money. Eventful day already- and it was only 12pm.