Four- A date to remember

‘See you tomorrow, Violet!’ Sean’s voice rung in my ears from last night. I groan and sit up, rubbing my head. I have trouble remembering last night, probably because I was so tired I stayed up and all I remember is watching TV until like 2am. Well there you have it folks, bad idea.
I hop up out of my bed and head into the kitchen, where Monique has left a note;
‘Violet.
Morning, sleepyhead.
I’m off shopping and catching up with friends, and then I’ll be off to work. See you at three.
-M x’
I smiled, leaving the note where it was as a reminder. I drag myself through the kitchen and settle on a bowl of cereal, almost forgetting the milk. I sloppily pour it all into the bowl and flop back onto the couch, where I proceed to eat my bowl of cereal in silence. That’s when it hits me- I look up at the clock. I have 30 minutes to get ready. Fudge cakes.

I quickly finish my bowl of cereal and rinse the bowl off, leaving some dishes for Monique to clean. I tidy my room until it’s almost presentable, and throw on the work uniform I didn’t get time to wash, brush my knotty hair, and put some light make up on. I looked alright, probably not the best due to my lack of sleep, but it was alright. Suddenly, I remembered my date (or so called date) so I pack my nice little blue halter neck dress and some flats into my backpack and a few essentials. I didn’t want to look like a mess for Zayn, did I? I really only got one chance with this guy, and plus, he was world famous, so he probably saw girls ten times more gorgeous than me DAILY, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he ‘accidently lost my number’ or something. I sighed and shut the door behind me, once again entering the familiar scene of outside the elevator.

In less than ten minutes, I’m sitting behind the register serving customers. Today I’m stuck with the oh-so-wonderful Rosalie, who will probably start bragging about One Direction and how perfect they are. I really want to just scream that Zayn Malik has my number, but alas, I can’t- For the sake of my privacy. And plus, once one person knows, it’s guaranteed to be news the next day. And the last thing I want is to be famous, and hated by millions of girls. Sigh, what a hard life.
I wonder if Zayn asks for many fans numbers. I would guess not, because then he’d have millions of contacts, but then again, there are probably girls that stalk him around and beg him for his number, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a few other girls on his phone of his.

‘What are you smiling about?’ A young woman says to me from in front of the counter, lifting her items onto the space in front of me. I start to scan them, blushing.
‘Oh, just how nice it is outside today.’ I say, looking out the window. Thank goodness, it’s nice and sunny outside. It would’ve been quite awkward if it was raining. She smiled and nodded, obviously sensing it wasn’t about the weather, but she shook it off. She paid for all her stuff and headed out, leaving the store empty. I fiddled with my phone, seeing it was 11:30. I would ask Tony in about 15 minutes if I could take an hour lunch break, leaving him and Rosalie in the shop. I think he’d allow it, seeing as I hadn’t taken many breaks or days off lately. I was starting to get really excited for this date, because it’s the first time I’d been out with a guy in a few months.

I mean, I was hesitant about Zayn. He seemed sweet enough from when I met him, but if you watch all the big stars, they turn out to be cheaters, liars, porn stars, drug addicts… you name it. Even recently, the boys were interacting with the Kardashians over in America… You just never know. But, seeing as not many people even take interest in me, especially hot, famous ones… I decided to have a bit of faith in the lad. Suddenly, my phone ‘dings’, and I head over to the manager’s office.
‘Hey, err Tony? Can I have an hour off for a lunch break?’ I say softly.
‘Come again, my dear?’ He says, looking up. I repeat myself. ‘Yes that’s fine. Be back by 1:45 though, we need you here.’ He says smiling. I grin back and thank him, closing his door and running into the staff area, where I change into my clothes.