Thirteen- Hot beverages

Closing tumblr, I walk out of the bedroom into the lounge where a suspicious Monique is sitting. I guess I now had to explain myself- I just ran out of the lounge after hearing Danielle and Liam are engaged. I smile at her, but her expression is weary and uncertain. I look over her shoulder to see her reblogging more photos of the couple, and it looks like they’re getting in the limo. That’s not a good sign- they’re going to have to face a rather angry Paul.
Neither of us say anything to start with- no words are needed. Although it isn’t a comfortable silence, it wasn’t like you had to say anything. We just sat in silence.

‘So they’re engaged, huh…’ I say awkwardly, and she looks up at me.
‘Is it a shock? They love each other.’ Monique snaps, so I keep my mouth shut. She was obviously pissed off that one of the boys are engaged.
‘Soon, they’ll all be engaged, god!’ She squeals at her computer, looking as if she wanted to punch it. ‘I certainly hope not, Zayn and I aren’t ready.’ I mutter under my breath, and when Monique turns to me, I realize that she’d heard what I said. Her eyes widen.
‘What?’ She says panicking. I shake my head, and she calms down a bit. Situation avoided- for the seventieth time today.
‘I wonder how Liam proposed…’ Monique trails off, scrolling down her dash. I think about telling her, but keeping the secret was much more important, so I reply with ‘mmm.’

Monique slinks into her room, taking her laptop with her. I decide to go down and have a counselling session with Lily. I scribble a note for Monique and leave it on the counter, slamming the door behind me. I run down the stairs sideways, stopping at Lily’s door. I barge in to find her and Liam making out on the couch.
‘Whoa, sorry for not knocking!’ I screech backing back. Liam sighs and gets up, going into his bedroom. Typical anti-social Liam. Lily giggles and pats the couch next to her, beckoning for me to sit down. I walk over and lay my head on her lap, looking up at her.
‘What’s wrong today, my dear?’ She mumbles, looking down.
‘Danielle and Liam Payne are engaged.’ I sigh, looking at the blank television screen. She nods.
‘Zayn and I are on good terms, yay!’ I mutter, waving an invisible miniature flag. Lily laughs at my immaturity.
‘Oh, and Louis needs a boat…’ I start to sing. Wait, since when did I know the lyrics to that song? That’s sad.

‘Do you want a coffee or something- I’ll head down to McDonalds if you want. I need a bit of exercise.’ She hops up, grabbing her wallet.
‘A hot chocolate babe, please and thank you.’ I sigh, burying myself in her couch. She slips on her shoes and heads out the door- I’m left with her television and Liam. I would go and talk to Liam, but the television is probably more entertaining.  
I turn it to a MTV where the top 40 music videos are playing. Currently on the television was Earthquake by Labyrinth- I LOVED this song. 
‘Cause we throw bombs on it, yeah bombs on it, just smash something, yeah mosh for me!’ I sung completely off key, causing Liam to make a large ‘thump’ and remain silent. I roll my hands and continue to jump around singing, probably looking like an idiot to anyone in the opposite apartments.

About half an hour later, I’m still on the couch, waiting for my hot chocolate from McDonalds. I collect myself from the couch and drag myself out the door, shouting a goodbye to Liam. I get a grunt as a reply, so I just march downstairs and downstairs and across the road. I walk into McDonalds to hopefully find Lily, but I don’t see her anywhere, so I order myself a hot chocolate. As I’m waiting for it to be made, I see a couple in the corner making out across the table. I roll my eyes and refocus on the barista, but something didn’t seem right. I flicked my head back over to the couple, one brunette with long hair just like Lily’s, and another with short blonde hair, just like Niall’s. Could it be? I gasp loudly, making them stop.

Lily turns to me astounded, and I stand there dumbfounded. Niall blushes and waves, but I don’t have the nerves to wave back. He lowers his hand awkwardly and Lily gets up to talk to me, but I slap my hand over my mouth and turn back to the woman making my beverage. She seems completely uninterested. I take my hot chocolate and speed walk out of the chain joint, almost jogging down the street. I swear, everywhere I go, I always bump into one of those boys. But this time I had nothing to say. Lily had Liam… Why did she need Niall? Seriously, what the hell just happened?

‘Violet! Violet!’ Lily screamed down the street, making me stop dead in my tracks. I spin around slowly to see her slow down behind me.
‘What.’ I say as if I was bored of her company.
‘Don’t tell Liam. Please. I don’t have anywhere to stay if you tell Liam.’ I felt a bit of pity for Lily- her parents disowned her so she had to live with Liam, and now she had to creep around behind his back. If she didn’t love him anymore, how come I had walked into their make out session?
Okay, so maybe this was none of my business.
‘You’re welcome to stay with us, Lily. We can clear out that spare room we have… it’s not as big but you’ll fit.’ I show a bit more pity then I intended to, but she seemed to stay the same.
‘Really?’ Her face lit up like a kid watching fireworks.
‘Sure.’ I said, walking off.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Niall approach Lily and wrap his arm around her waist. I knew if they weren’t more careful, they’d be caught in public- I wouldn’t like to know what would happen then.
I walk across the street with my hot chocolate, but after the scene in McDonalds, I was unable to drink it so I popped into the convenience store to see who was on shift at the moment. Sean sat behind the counter, doodling on a notepad.
‘Happy birthday Sean, here’s a hot chocolate.’ I hand him the cup and he smiles, thanking me. Before the conversation gets awkward I leave the shop and head back up to my apartment. As if the apartment was empty, I skip around, humming the tune of One Thing. I jump into my room, and slip into something more comfortable. It had been an eventful day and I was ready to crash.

My Elmo pyjamas were on and I had the remaining episodes of friends ready, so I grabbed a bag of cookies and pressed play on the DVD player. The screen lit up and it showed my favourite title screen, and I knew this evening was going to be a perfect evening with me, myself and I. As I lay in my bed watching TV, I received texts from everyone. Sean, Zayn, Niall, Lily, Liam, Danielle… you name it. I couldn’t be bothered answering any of them, despite the fact that I was being texted by ONE FREAKING DIRECTION and the Danielle Peazer plus Sean the convenience store worker. I just sighed and lay back, enjoying the peace and serenity of my bedroom.

It must’ve been a while into the series when a large crash came from the road near my apartment. I open the blind, the sun burning my eyes, and I look down to see a jeep and a Subaru in a fairly severe accident. I gaze harder because I feel as though I recognise the car- and I could feel it on the tip of my tongue.
I walk out in my pyjamas to the lift where at least 14 other people were waiting, and we all pile into the elevator. Now, I’m not secure about myself, so being out in my pyjamas was quite strange. I wander out onto the street where the cars were almost wrapped in each other. I walk over to a tire that had come off during the wreck, running my fingers along the scraped rubber. I followed the skid marks to a badly wrangled jeep. I look inside to see a ball of curly, bouncy brown hair.
Danielle.

I start to scream, trying to lift the broken car parts off her tangled body. There seemed to be no-one else in sight, and I was getting extremely worried, Danielle was probably dying- fast. I screamed for help but the cars just seemed to be directed around the crash, not actually stop and help. I tried to stop a car but they kept driving past as if it was just ‘nothing’. I had to get someone’s attention. Were these people mad?
I guess the only one who could help her was me. I jumped behind the car, trying to drag her limp body out of the wreck. It was emotionally destroying me and physically tiring me but I had to save her, not only for myself, but for Liam.

As I got her out, her body just fell limp in my arms. I felt a tear roll down my cheek, and then I gazed to my left. A car was coming straight towards me. Before I had time to react- I woke up screaming. Monique was sitting next to me shaking me, trying to get me to stop. As soon as my eyes flicker open, she pulls me into a hug, I wipe the tears from my cheek, adjusting myself so that I was comfortable. Without a word, Monique smiles and leaves my room, turning my TV off and clearing my pile of washing. I wiped my forehead, thanking everything I had that the dream wasn’t real.

I turn back on my phone and respond calmly to all the missed texts I had received since turning my phone off and I slouched back on the bed, not bothering to do anything. I didn’t want to go back to sleep in case I had another horrible dream like that, but I was tired and at any second I was ready to pass out. I bring the cover over my head, immediately falling back to sleep.