Prologue ❃

I wake up alone. As always. Another boring and stressful day.

I live alone since my parents lost their custody of parenting due to drug overdose.

My grandma is renting this cheap and rusty flat with the last bit of her money. It's not much, but just enough to get by, and I'm grateful for that, grateful for her. I'm 18, so I already have the privilege to live alone.

By the way I'm Minah. Your typical next door girl who 'pretends to be happy'. It does sound stupid and cliche, but that's how life is sometimes. Deep down I know that the hard times never stay and in the near future I'll be happy and fulfilled, laying on top of a fluffy and warm mattress as if I'm floating a top of clouds.

That being said I can't even afford ramyun noodles at this current moment.

_____

I step on the bus and give my hardly saved up money for the bus ticket. I sit down by the window and start  looking through it ,to see how this world is truly harsh...but beautiful. It was the middle of Autumn, the leaves were splattered and covered in the most colourful and interesting colours.

2 years ago..

"HEYYY!!" I shout to my best friend as she splashed me with bathroom sink water. Ew...

"Ha! That's what you get for laughing at my makeup skills" She complains. Her smile was the brightest there, sparkly eyes, eager to see everything the world throws at her.

"I'm sorry So Young, but you do look like a racoon" I laugh through the tears of laughter.

She's my best friend. She's the reason why I still wanna live and hope. She's my one and only.

_____

I and her would always get bullied for our strange ways. We didn't really pay attention to those dip shits. Until one day I saw her, there fragile as ever fighting back the tears.

"You slut" Our bitchy classmate,Aera spat at So Young. I wish I could've stepped in sooner. But I stood there hiding worried about myself. It's not like I didn't wanna help her,it's just that I was frozen in my place,aching myself, just from the sight,because I'm fully aware how painful this whole situation is.

The next thing I know they spill water all over her and pour flour. How do they even find time and put the effort to buy it and harass a person like this.

I finally step in , I rush to So Young and kneel to her,she was clearly stung by the whole situation,quivering by my touch. I look at her and find her crystal eyes,the spark that once was in them is gone. I was angry,and not fully aware of my power.