Henry took a sideway look to the Coffin, which was still standing at the far corner of the cave, behind the Ribbons.

The thugs began to rise on their feet, two of them coming towards him, ready to spread death under Aurelia's guidance.

I only have once chance.

He let his ties fall, freeing his arms and grabbed a rock, which laid nearby. The two Ribbons were closing in, Ted standing right behind them.

Please, God.

He threw the rock, which flew straight ahead, passing between the two first heads, hitting Ted straight in the face. The thug fell into his knees, screaming from pain, the two Ribbons now turning around, going to his rescue.

Henry run as fast as he could, elbowing the two thugs and kicking Teddy's belly, as he kneeled screaming on the ground. They all made desperate attempts to grab his arms and legs, but they were in total confusion and Henry was way faster.

The two remaining Ribbons, having just recovered from Aurelia's hypnotism and hearing the noise of their fallen comrades, turned around and started giving chase. But Henry was already way ahead of them, reaching the Coffin as they caught up with him. He punched one thug straight in the face, hurting his knuckle in the process. As the second thug pushed him to the ground and was ready to deliver the final blow, Henry extended his head, a crazy smile on his face.

Too late, fucker.

He touched the Coffin. The device recognised his fingerprints and opened wide. As the enemy's fist connected with Henry's exposed belly, his cargo was finally free. Save me.

***

The whole cave shook. Waves of blue aura light up the dark cave interior, and the ball of light started expanding, transforming into something completely different. Well-shaped, beautiful. It resumed the body and face of a woman, who smiled, utterly satisfied.

Eva...

The thugs had stopped dead on their tracks, forgetting Henry and falling to their knees once again, in a worshipping stance. But the Deity's eyes were on Henry, and Henry alone. She grinned and raised her hand to her chest, in a thanking-gesture.

No...

Aurelia raised her hand slowly, pulling the sleeping passenger towards her. Henry saw the girl flying out of his device, her face calm and happy.

That's why Aurelia called us here, today. The girl is not only powerful. She is a medium.

Henry got up to his feet, every cell in his body screaming from pain, running towards the flying victim, trying to catch her leg, in order to break the connection. He was about to grasp her ankle, when he tripped in a rock, falling face-flat on the ground.

Aurelia was now laughing, the girl standing in front of her face.

"Hallo, dear. I was waiting too long for you to arrive. I hope the waiting hadn't been for nothing."

"Aurelia, no. Don't kill her too. Please!"

His screams were in vain. Aurelia caught the girl with her hand, pushing her inside her newly-formed body, absorbing her. The cave shook again, harder this time, sending a few rocky pieces of ceiling straight to the ground. The Ribbons tried to cover themselves, alarmed for the first time this evening, but Henry just stood there, his face blank.

And then, the moment of intense connection was gone. The girl was gone too. A minute passed and then another. Nothing happened. Even the air came into a stalemate. Aurelia just stood there, in his wife's body, sighing deeply, looking disappointed, hurt.