Chapter 31

*unedited*

Hope*

I looked at my house, it's once beauty was now rusty and moldy. Some windows were shattered, as well a huge hole on the wall where I can see my room. I looked over my shoulder to see Lucas, he was watching as I started to walk backwards so I was next to him. "You think they'll hate me?" I asked looking at him. Lucas looked down, trying to figure put what to say. "I'm not sure my king." He finally said bowing his head at me. I just nodded even though I was dying inside to just walk away. "But, it may be the right choice to talk too them, even if they will be upset." I gave him a short nod, then started walking up to the house, my feet dragging a little.

I raised my hand out of my cloak, I was about to knock, but the door flew open to see my dad. I placed my hand back inside my cloak as dad looked at me. "Where is he?" I just stood there as he stepped forward, growling. "Where is my son, Hope?" I was about to answer, but I couldn't find the words. "He's dead, isn't he?" Still I couldn't find my words. He stepped back in shaking his head, then ran his fingers through his hair. "Is that Lightning?" Her name made me grind my teeth together. Lilly came in looking healthily, how can she be alive. "Light, I want to thank you for saving my life." My mate saved her, my Aunt is alive. "Is Hope with you?" She looked behind me, a frown coming onto her face. "Where is he?" She asked slowly her eyes tearing up. She placed a hand over her mouth and started crying.

A voice cleared their throat behind me, making me see Lucas looking at me. I nodded and looked at my dad and my Aunt. "Actually, I'm here." I said pulling my hood down. Dad stepped back also Lilly who looked shocked. "Your alive!" Lilly jumped into my arms, and I returned it. "I-I thought you were dead?" I stuttered out. She shook her head and leaned away from me. "I did. Lightning saved me, brung my soul back to my body." I was still surprised she was actually alive, flesh an blood. "So, where is she?" I fisted my hands inside my cloak and took a deep breath. "We should take this to a private place." I said looking at dad who nodded. We passed some people who gave us weird looks, some were happy to see me alive and well.

We entered dads office, I sat down in a chair where Lucas stood beside me. Lilly was looking at him oddly, it's like she seen him before. "Alright, now where is Lightning. I need to speak with her immediately." I gulped rub my hands together. "Would you like me to say it?" Lucas asked looking down at me. "Tell us what? And who are you?" Lilly asked. Lucas smirked and stood tall. "Ah, you should know me Lilly Brown." He said as Lilly got up and walked to him, well stalking him. "Last time I saw you. You were just a little girl with a twisted fate." She growled at him before throwing a light ball at him. Me being me, I got up and grabbed it, it didn't even hurt. "Lilly stop it, right now I have worse news than talking to him." She grumbled under her breath, then sat back down.

"Anyway, when I got kidnapped I was brought to this place deep in the forest, further out in our territory. I was there for the night and a man keeps asking questions and telling me more about my mate....which is Lightning. One of the elders trackers somehow saved me and we ran away, but we couldn't make it to the border in time. I was about to die by Michelle, but I was saved once again, but this time by my mate. After my mate finished Michelle a man appeared out of nowhere. I don't know who he is, but Lightning did. The man was about to kill me me, but just when he brought the knife down Lightning appeared in front of me, and I hope you know what happens next. She...died saving me. She died in my arms, she gave me something and said I was the new heir for the throne. So I'm the new king of the supernatural world." I finished, I took a deep breath and looked up to see Lilly crying and dad had an emotionless face.

"Lighting is dead?" Lilly said getting up from her seat, a sob escape from and turned to dad. "We should've of went with her!" She yelled at dad who still hasn't said anything. "Zach!" Dad looked at Lilly for a second and stood up. "Good." I got up and looked at him. "Excuse me?" I asked as he just shook his head. "How can she be dead and I can't imagine you being a God." I looked at him closely, it's like it wasn't him. I fisted my hands went to step towards him, but a hand grab my elbow. I turned Lucas who had a ticked off face. "He's not worth our time my king." He said then let go of me. I looked back at dad one more time before leaving the room. I was so mad at my father, how can he be glad that Light is dead. Who says that? I heard running steps coming towards me so I turned around to see Lilly. "Hope, I'm sorry for your loss. She was like a sister to me when I was little. I don't know why Zach said that. I wouldn't say that to someone that just lost a mate." I didn't speak, but when I was about too, I heard a big boom.

I turned to Lucas who looked the same as me, worry. I dashed towards my dads office and slammed of open. My eyes widen to see the man that killed my mate. He had my dad, one hand had a dagger same one that killed Lightning. I growled an the man didn't even flinch, but a smirk played his lips. "Ah, Hope your finally here to witness your fathers death." I shifted into my lion form and lunged at him, but he was quick and side stepped me. I growled and my eyes widen with horror because the next thing I know he stabbed my dad in the heart. All I see is red as I lunged at him, then he threw my dad aside. We both fell off the second floor of the house. I landed on all fours as the man landed on his back. He got up fast and came at me, I moved swiftly and turned quickly to see him changing into something that I never seen, only in stories. I watched as his neck grew, his body grew larger, he grew a tail, then black wings escape his back. I was to shocked that he turned into a black dragon that he swung his spiked tail out and hit me square in the face. I flew to the side till I hit a tree making it fall backwards. I yelped as I tried to get up from the ground. I looked up to see the dragon above me with a smirk.

I pulled his neck back and I knew he was about to kill me with his fire breath. I closed my eyes and waited, but it never came. I reopened my eyes to see fire, but it was going around me. When the fire was gone the dragon looked taken back to see me still alive. He did it again, still it didn't work. He hissed at me before saying, "This isn't over boy." He hissed before flying away from me. I blinked a few times, but I knew I was about to pass out and when I did I knew something was different about me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<<<<<<<<<<

Sorry for the long update. This is short and I'm sorry next one will be longer. Questions? At the end is a picture of the bad guy.

Comment

Vote