Chapter 14-The Ball-Part 1

Light*

I watched as Lucas came in with more news about warlocks, werewolves, and humans that have died. Tonight's the ball and I'm getting nervous. Last night I met my mate, and I still can't believe I left him alone, but I knew that his parents are near and I had to leave. "Your highness, I was wondering if I can stay here and not go to the ball." I looked at him shocked. "Why not?" I asked standing from my throne. He looked away, clearly upset with something. "Lucas, tell me what's been bugging you? You been avoiding me all day."

"I'm just getting nervous your highness, for the ball." he said to me. "Lucas, that can't be the reason." I said placing my hands on my hips. "I'm just nervous because I get to meet your mate and see what he looks like. Soon, I have to obey him like I do to you." He was right though. "Sorry Lucas if I forced you to answer that. I thought something else was bothering you. Please forgive my rudeness." I said bowing my head a little. He nodded, but didn't say anything else.

I watched him leave, I felt like my heart was telling me something. I shook off the feeling and sat back down. I wonder who my mates parents are, I wonder if they will like me. I pressed my lips into a thin line, feeling depressed for my mates touch. I want to feel the sparks, the love in his eyes. Only five hours till the ball. Time to meet my mate again and....seeing my old family.

Hope*

I watched mom as she fixed my bow on my tuxedo. Tonight's the ball, and I'm nervous. Since last night, I've been anxious to see the girl in the black cloak again. Her voice brung shivers down my spine. I haven't seen Michelle for two days, I've been worried about her, but not as much as I kept thinking of the girl. I haven't told mom or dad about what happen last night, even though they kept asking question.

"Your going to look handsome for Michelle." Mom said as she pressed her warm hands on my cheeks. "Ya, I know." I said a little disappointed. I have a bad and good feeling about tonight, I don't know what it is, but I have a feeling that something's going to happen to me. Lately my chest been hurting, by my tattoo. It's been stinging all morning, I took pain killers earlier, but didn't help at all. I'm still surprised that tomorrow is my birthday, 18 is a big number for me. I wonder what I'm going to do on my birthday.

"Sam, where-." Dad came into the room and stopped as he saw mom. I looked away quickly. "Yes Zach?" mom said with a blush. Dad growled and came to her side. "You look lovely, beautiful, and gorgeous." Mom smiled and looked away. Dad looked at me and smiled. We almost looked the same, but I'm wearing a white suit and black under as dad is the opposite, black suit with white under it. "Wow! Your going to make Michelle fall head over heels for you." Dad said smiling. I smiled a little, but it was fake. I haven't told them that I can't feel our sparks like I used to.

"Come on, everyone is ready for the ball." Dad said holding his arm out and mom took it. I walked behind them as we slowly made our way down. Everyone was there, even my dads beta which he was on his anniversary with his mate. Tim came to dads side and smiled. "Hello Zach." Tim said as dad hugged him, it was weird seeing them hug each other. His mate Marissa, who smiled at dad while she hold her five year old that won't stop squirming in her arms. "Hello Tim Marissa, how was your anniversary?" Dad asked politely. "It was lovely, going to Hawaii was the perfect place for our anniversary." Marissa said as her son Peter laughed. Marissa kissed her sons head as Tim agreed. "It was great."

Max and Mavis came in with huge smiles on their faces. Mavis wore a purple dress dress with her hair in a bun while tiny curls fell from it. Max was in his tuxedo, with his hair back like my dads. Lilly came in with her husband Luke at her side. She wore a black dress that flows to her feet, with her red hair in curls. Then I saw the person I really didn't want to see. Michelle appeared at my side wearing a dark blue dress that flows down and behind her a little. She smiled at me and leaned into my side. I felt like I was betraying someone, my heart was telling me to push her away.