19.Two Hearts

I was just so down today because it was my moms birthday. I know I hate her but I always celebrated her birthday by buying her a cake and singing happy birthday to her.

"What's wrong love?"Bryson asked as he ran his hand through my hair repeatedly while my head laid on his lap.

"Nothing"I signed.

"Baby tell me what's wrong"

"It's my moms birthday and I usually celebrated it with her but-"I said cutting myself off.

"We can go over there"He suggested.

"I don't wanna see August and I don't want you see my crackhead of a mother"

"I think you should put her in rehab"

"Bryson no"

"I'm serious Asia. We should help her get better"He said.

"But I-I hate her so much"I said sitting up.

"Don't say stuff like that Asia"He yelled.

"Why not? It's true"

"I lost my mother when I was a teen Asia. I use to say I hated her because she wouldn't spend time with me because she wanted to sleep with random men but look where's she at. I didn't even get a chance to tell her I loved her because I was blinded by so much hate"He said and by the time he finished, he was crying.

"I'm so sorry Bryson"I apologized holding him.

"We can help my mother"I said.

:::

I walked into my old house and I made sure august wasn't here so there wouldn't be any conflict.

"Mother!"I yelled throughout the house. She usually wobbled into the hallway scratching her skin but she didn't. I went to her bedroom but I didn't see her.

I seen the bathroom light on and walked inside. She was laid out on the floor with a bunch of Xanax pills on the counter.

"Oh my gosh! Bryson"I yelled bending down to my mothers level.

"What's wrong? Oh my-"

"Bryson call the ambulance"I said cutting him off as tears fell down my face.

:::

I woke up the next day on a uncomfortable bed. I sat up to see Bryson laid out next to me watching tv.

"What's going on? Where's my mom?"I asked frantically.

"Calm down babe. She's right there"He said pointing to my mother who was on the hospital bed asleep.

"What happened?"

"When I was on the phone calling the ambulance, you passed out. Luckily I was able to catch you before you injured yourself"He said.

"What about my mom?"

"She overdosed on Xanax but they revived her. The hospital is taking her to rehab tomorrow morning"

"I'm just glad she's ok"I said snuggling up to Bryson's side.