Chapter 39: Forgotten

"Here sleeps a girl with a head full of magical dreams, a heart full of wonders and hands that will shape the world."

-------

She was alone staring at the blank wall infront of her, she could see Manang Pacing. The scenarios of the past paraded before her eyes on the wall  like a big TV  screen, becoming real and alive.

There she saw her great-grandfather​, Don Joaquin, with her grandfather, Don Carlo, rolling a big stone away from the graveyard to the  Santos' mansion. But somehow, the rolled stone upon touching the grass filled pathway leading to the main door, turned into a monstrous giant python and swallowed the mansion.

Suddenly, Arturo appeared like a knight with a shining armor and was trying to kill the monster. She saw her Mom, Manang Pacing and herself shouting in terror as they were being attacked by the serpent  while her Dad, yes her Dad, coming down from the clouds riding on an eagle,  snatched her first and placed her on a mountain top wounded and afraid.

When her Dad came back to rescue the rest, the serpent was already bathing in its own blood.  Arturo killed the serpent. And from its belly,  he took out a piece of diamond stone, as big as a child's fist.

Then, the ground was completely covered with its blood but all of a sudden, the place was transformed into  a beautiful garden.

She noticed her mom and Manang Pacing and the rest of the Santoses together with Father Luis, transforming into beautiful trees, while the serpent's blood gave birth to hundreds of beautiful flowers in different colors and variety, creating a rainbow of  flowers covering the earth.

Then, she caught glimpses of her Dad, descending from the eagle's back, being hoorayed by little children with Arturo on the front line, holding the sword glistened with the serpent's blood on one hand, and the diamond stone on the other hand.

Arturo came closer to him, trampling the flowers at his steps. But the flowers just drooped. Every time they dangled, they came back more beautiful​ than ever, releasing the fragrance that would revive the spirit of a weary soul. The fragrance reached her, penetrating her body, circulating inside of her until she was healed and the fear left her.

She watched her Dad knelt before Arturo like a warrior who pays homage to his superior. Afterwards, Arturo laid the sword on her Dad's shoulders, anointing her father with Arturo's own  tears. He handed him the sword and the diamond stone.  Afterwards, Arturo became a dove, settled  on her father's shoulder.

Then, the eagle flew towards the mountain top to get her and bring her to its sanctuary. She saw herself climbing on its back  and it carried her to some heights beyond the clouds where only the stars could see.

Denise was awakened from her dream when she felt a hand touching her wrist. "Hi! How are you feeling now?" The nurse smiled as she held her wrist, monitoring her pulse rate.

"Where am I? What happened to me?" She looked around. Momentarily, she  stared at the person infront of her and forced herself to smile.  Then, she examined the room once more, searching for someone, and slowly adjusted herself to a sitting position with the help from the nurse.

"You're here in the hospital. I heard somebody found you unconscious along the highway and brought you here." She placed a pillow at her back and pulled the  blanket to her lap to make her comfortable with her new position.

"Oh, yes. I remember walking under the heat of the sun, and I got a little confused  which way to take until I passed out." She explained.

"You have a relapse. That's why you need  to rest." The nurse said giving her a shot.  After the injection, she gathered her tray and continued,

"If you need anything just push the bottom there, over your head." She said, pointing to the buzzer mounted on the wall.

"Okay. Thanks. Don't worry​, I can manage."
The nurse went out from the room.

She's alone and wondering why no one's​ around to watch over her. She remembered the letter this morning. She knew Mr. Aragon was in the grove monitoring their conversation inside the house and  he came to her rescue when she had left her abode for the past days.

She was also trying to remember her dream. She knew she had one a while ago, only the dream was too bleak and it didn't leave any traces from her memory for an easy recollection. Somehow, she wanted to believe the dream was something beautiful because, she felt she was flying.

Beside her bed, she gazed admiringly at the beautiful flowers set on top of the table.  I think I saw you in my dreams. She spotted a card hidden among the flowers.  She read it silently,

Get well soon.  Arthur S.

Denise was surprised to know Arthur came over for a visit while she was sleeping. But how come he knows I'm here?  She asked herself. Then something came to her mind. Maybe, Bianca is here also. I need to know if she's here.

She pushed the button and right away, a nurse appeared looking worried.

"Anything I can do for you, miss?"

"I just want to know if there is a patient here from the accident a couple of days ago, named Bianca​ something. She came from MVU when that happened."

"There are some patients here who had an accident a couple of days ago, but I'm sorry miss, I'm not sure if she is here. But don't worry, I will try to check from the billing section after my duty this evening. And before I go home tonight,  you'll know then."

"Oh, thank you...miss?"

"Mailene." She gave her name.

"Thank you, Mailene."

"You're welcome. I guess, I need to go back now to the station, miss. Just ring the buzzer again if you need anything." Denise nodded and  the nurse went out.

On the table, beside the bunch of flowers, Denise discovered something familiar, one that she kept for many years, yet remained unnoticed. Moved by some promptings inside her, she reached out for it and started to gently flip the pages.

------

How about guessing what catches Denise' attention at the end of this chapter?🤔🤔🤔 or the meaning of the dream?😴😴😴
Also, thank you for all your support... we're still rooted at rank #2.  I do appreciate it so much.🤗🤗🤗
5.11.17