Chapter 10 - The Road to Reconciliation

It is with a jubilant heart that I say, I'm back bitches!!

Yes yes, I've return from the depths of the after life to bring to you the next installment of FF: NE.

I hope you like it seeing as how it will be a bit different than the others to date. Plus with the fact that I wrote this on my phone rather than my laptop. (For some shit reason the stupid thing won't turn on)

Without further adieu.... onwards we go.

As the scene faded and the jutsu returned to its kanji form, Kakashi took a moment to truly drink in what he had just seen. The implications he could draw from the sneak peek into the future was enough to draw the grey-haired shinobi to a halt.

Since the deaths of his teammates and sensei, it had become a universal fact that Kakashi Hatake did not work well with others. It was one of the reasons why he had joined the ANBU corps soon after. The Inu mask was more than just a porcelain figurine, but rather a metaphorical mask that had rid the world of his identity.

When the mask was on, Kakashi Hatake was no more.

Perhaps it was cowardly, but it gave him a sense of relief. There in the ANBU corps, he was no longer the son of the White Fang, student of the Fourth nor the child prodigy he was hailed to have been. No, there he was simply Inu.

Kakashi knew he wasn't the most social person. He had many acquaintances and comrades but the only person he could call a true friend was Might Guy (and wasn't that saying something) but even that bond was solely attributed to the fact that Guy was a stubborn son of a bitch who wouldn't take no for an answer.

Saying that Kakashi was someone with a boatload of friends was like saying that Orochimaru wasn't a pedophile.

But then here he was, watching his future self willingly making an effort to further his relationship with his students, even going as far as to offer relationship advice.

Honestly, he wasn't sure which was more surprising, this or the fact that he had been named the Sixth Hokage.

Make no mistake, Kakashi had been resigned to the fact that he was enlisted as a squad instructor. He would have simply failed the team like he had done to the myriad before them but with the likes of Sasuke Uchiha and Naruto Uzumaki on the roster, there would be no escaping the fate. But at the same time felt that if he gave the bare minimum required effort that all would be well.

But somewhere along the line, he had somehow grown to actually care about the genin team in a way he had not for years past.

"Hokage-sama, I believe it would be prudent for us to take a break at this point," he spoke up, and was relieved to see the man nod in acceptance.