"Need help ? "

"Céleste-"

"Don't !" I interrupted her dryly as I passed her before making my way into our kitchen before leaning over the sink to the sensation of my spinning head.

Obviously, my mother hastened to join my side as she called for my first name before taking my face in her hands to look at me with an anxious look.

"Oh honey..." She puffed in defeat before rubbing the dark circles under my eyes. "You also need to rest."

"I'm fine." I replied, shaking my head before pulling back from her embrace before agitating nervously as I was looking for a drink in the closet. "I just... I... ugh... why is there so much things in this cupboard ?"

My mother stopped me by taking my trembling hands before throw a sharp look on my side forcing me to take a deep breath before stepping back a few steps as she looked for a drink for me.

I leaned back against the kitchen island before giving a grateful look to my mother as she handed me a glass of water. "Takk. "

"I think you need to get out of the house. You should go back to the class. I'll watch over him."

"Are you serious ?" I exclaimed in disbelief, surprising my mother by my high tone before shaking my head firmly in negation. "High school is the last thing on my mind right now."

However, it would seem that my mother had lost her patience as she soon crossed her arms on her chest before giving me a long look of reprimand. "First, drop the tone, girl. Then, I understand that you worry about your friend but you have to go back to the high school. Your father and I left behind for the last night and this morning but we will not tolerate more of this."

I looked at her in silence visibly not accustomed to hearing her raise her voice on me before squinting my lips in a thin line while lowering my eyes on my shoes."He's not my friend."

"What ?"

"He's not my friend." I breathed, raising my head to meet my mother's confused gaze before catching a breath. "He's my boyfriend and I love him, mom. So much. "

A look of realization crossed her face as she left a breath surprised before retreating of some step visibly taken unawares. " Oh ! Uh ... right. "

"Right ?"

"I mean... I suspected there was something between you two but..." She paused, frowning before giving me a long, observant glance. "You're really in love with him, aren't you ?"

I bite nervously on my lower lip as I supported her silver blue orbs before slowly nodding my head in shyness nevertheless generating a slight smile on her lips.

She hastened to join my side to take me in her arms letting my eyes close as she affectionately caressed my hair. "I'm really happy for you, honey. Although now I think back to the fact that your father and I let you sleep in the same bed. "

This will relieve me a low laugh despite my mood at the lowest before she laid a long kiss on the top of my hair.

I took advantage of her tenderness definitely necessary at the moment before finally detaching me to give her an undecided look. "Will you watch over him ?"

"Promised." She assured, pulling a lock behind my ear before taking my face into her hands."You swear to me that you haven't been in any dangerous situations, right?"

I nodded my head reluctantly before lying straight to her face. "Chris just needed to get away from his family for a bit."

If only she knew the truth.