Chapter 1. Outweigh the Outlaw

This followed the 98 Manga/Anime. Written before the new anime. Stampede FanFic is "High Roller", ocxvash

high stakes! high reward!

On Planet Gunsmoke where grass is a foreign concept, there is no good or bad

On Planet Gunsmoke where grass is a foreign concept, there is no good or bad. Everyone is a survivor, and it's dirty or clean. You use a gun to make a living, or you don't. I am the former, of course. There's no such thing as a clean getaway. Only liars, cheats, murderers, and gamblers can thrive here. The lowest of the low, the scum who employ their dirty habits into useful money-making gambles.

I thrive above the others. In this dog eat dog world, I am top of the food chain. When you cross me, I'll make sure you know it.

"Did'ja hear? Vash the Stampede wiped out a whole town!" a man spat. It was common saloon gossip. Didn't tell me anything except that where that town wasn't, neither was he. I mean, most bounty hunters don't go stalking him for their whole life, they don't have that kind of time when they need to make a living. He's just someone you'd hope to brush by. You really have to believe, living on planet Gunsmoke.

Not me. He's been the prize; the gold medal I set my eyes on since day one. There's not a chance I will settle for anything less. I'm ready to bet it all.

"Is that right?" I inquire, leaning back in my chair, "I'm after the man myself."

The boys laughed, "Really? It's not easy money, stick with banking the rest of the outlaws. He's like dancing with fire. Even you, Revy, might not be up to it."

"Are you sure?" I raise a brow as I reach for my gun, spinning it around and playfully aiming around the room, eyes settling on glass after glass. "I could catch him by surprise. I'm good at picking out the outlaws and getting them before they even fire a bullet. There's no chance to put up a fight with me."

"I know you're good. But the man leaves a trail of death. You wouldn't be the first hunter to go bye-bye." He takes a sip from his glass. "Plus, if you do manage to get him and head for the Feds, there's going to be bandits, outlaws, and bounty hunters alike on your trail who are dumb enough to mess with the Humanoid Typhoon."

"You calling me dumb?" I lean forward, then point my gun at his friend's head. "Funny, because you didn't fool me, Jet Ripcord and Zebra. You're worth a couple thousand. That'd buy me dinner."

"Hey, we ain't even selling you this information." Zebra backs up, putting his hands up in surrender. "It's those bounties from the outlaws, not from the Feds. You've got your own, remember?"

"Yeah, but Jet here screwed up and shot town sheriff in Kansas, right?"

"Free info!"

"I'm just scaring you guys." I stand up, showing my gun. "Not even loaded. Just betting on your reactions. Pretty entertaining." I stand with a smile. "Moreover, when I get him, then those guys better be more afraid to mess with me. Been a pleasure, boys. As you were."