Chapter 10

It has been 6 weeks now that I haven't visited Lincoln at the hospital. That is a really long time considering the fact that I used to see him almost every day. There has not been any sign of him wanting to know about my whereabouts. His mom or sister have not called or texted me on his behalf and he has not made an effort to use their phones to contact me. Maybe he did not want to get them involved. This not having a phone thing of his is really causing a communication dilemma. He probably just does not want to see me right now. I can't focus all my energy on him. I have work to do. I have to work on my marks because I am doing adequately not well enough for now. The ends of year exams are right around the corner but my girls want us to go out and celebrate one last night before getting into serious study mode.

It is Friday night!!! Mercedes and I go Kendz's flat to go and get ready. If we are lucky enough Kendz's boyfriend will show up wherever we choose to hang out then Mercedes or I won't have to sleep on the floor. This means that Kendz will end up sleeping at her boyfriend's place. I don't know how these girls convince me to wear make-up every time we go out. It is not that I do not have makeup; I just never use it. It is just more time and effort. My sister would be proud  to the fact that I am finally using the make-up kits she always buys me as presents for me in an attempt for me to become more feminine. I swear it is more make-up than what I need because I believe I have a make-up artist worthy collection. Enough about the make-up, the outfit contributes to most of an appearance and I must say, everyone, tonight is on point.

Kendz is in pleather shorts and an orange, crisscrossed back, spaghetti strap, crop top with killer black sandal wedges. For make-up, she has used her skills to perfect the Smokey eye technique. She paired her Smokey eyes with a pale pink nude lipstick and not forgetting her contouring her face like a sculptor. She also curled her beautiful long blonde her into beautiful soft waves. Mercedes is wearing a lovely white, lightweight denim playsuit and she has let the girls out to play. It's not too much cleavage but it is definitely sexy enough to catch any guy's attention. She let her hair down and straightened it instead of tying it up like she usually does in a bun. Killer winged eyeliner and sultry red lips are the make-up choice she has decided on. No need for foundation because she piled that stuff on hours ago and her skin is still looking flawless. Just a little touch up of powder here and there.

Then there is me. I am wearing black high-waisted skinny jeans, a black and white stripped t-shirt with slits on the side. To not show any skin I am wearing a black tank top underneath. A bob-wired choker to accessorise and combat black boots. If it wasn't for the no sneakers allowed policy in some clubs, I would totally be wearing my black Converse. For make-up I usually prefer eye makeup to be heavier but my girls felt I needed to go out of my comfort zone by applying lipstick. I personally do not like lipstick. I have already been blessed with full lips and do not feel the need to emphasise them even more. So I try it and it looks decent. I went for a plum-burgundy colour. It suits me so much better than red. I stop traffic in a bad way with red lips. We are all ready and dressed up by 5 pm. Kendz thinks we took too long to get ready and now we will not have our money's worth at drink specials,

"One hour left until drink specials end at La-ZA."

La-ZA is a bar two streets down the road from Kendz's place. We usually go there for a few hours then proceed to a real club afterwards. Drink specials; I always try to avoid them. It is where bars and clubs sell and serve low-quality alcohol which makes people sick. Mercedes had uncontrollable puke everywhere after she had too many drinks of that cheap alcohol. Ordering 6 double vodkas and mixes each was probably the first mistake. Then basically downing all of them was the second mistake. Moderation totally went out of the girl's mind. Chundering or vomitting is a part of life they say. And the same Neanderthal guys said everyone does it. Those guys should really come back to me when someone has vomited all over you. And Kendz is still in panic mode,