Maybe William was right. After all, Chris had insulted him from a psychopath. Again, I knew that Chris could sometimes have quite excessive reactions.

I nodded my head with a small nervous smile on my lips causing a shrug of eyebrows from the blond to the structured jaw."Can I know why you're looking for him?"

"I'm his girlfriend." I explained with a slight warmth along my neck at the mention of my bond for the brown.

I was not really used to all that yet and yet it felt like ecstasy every time the word went beyond my lips.

" His girlfriend ? No way. How could this fuckboy find someone so angelic ? "

I was slightly freezing at his obvious flirt before swallowing by tightening my grip around my waist as I let a nervous laughter surpass my lips. "I-uh-it's... takk?"

Nico let out a laugh at my timid stuttering before he casually leaned against the door of his apartment. "Well, he's not here. "

" Oh. "

"But he was here this afternoon now that I think about it." Nico immediately snapped at the sight of my disappointed expression, causing me to raise my eyes just to slightly frown at the sight of his destabilizing corner smile. "He said he had to go home. Something happen. "

I immediately felt my heartbeat accelerate as the worst scenario passed in my mind letting me look at the big blond in anxiety. "Something? Like what? "

"Hum..." Nico hummed almost maliciously making me boost my frown as he suddenly left a whistle."I think he has some problems at home. I suppose he didn't tell you? "

I gave him a puzzled look as to why he had assumed this since I knew Christoffer's situation somewhat before I folded my lips in a straight line.

Now I felt uncomfortable and uncertain. And more, really worried about the well-being of Christoffer.

I knew I was supposed to give him a chance but all the discussions I'd had with William suddenly popped into my mind making me think differently.

"Yeah... no, he didn't tell me." I lied through my teeth before I straightened as I pointed the top of the stairs over my shoulder. "But... anyway... I should just... go away? Yeah, I'll just go there so... it's was nice to meet you. "

However, Nico seemed of an another opinion as he took a step out of the apartment as I already backed down the stairs before he gave me that destabilizing smile again."Maybe you should think of going to see him. Just to make sure he's okay. "

I was taking a break at the suggestion actually thinking that it was not a bad idea before forcing a faint smile on my lips as I thanked him again before turning my heels.

I went down all the way to the hall definitely more in a hurry than when I arrived since I could feel the eyes of Nico following my descent before finally releasing a breath that I didn't even know I held once I was outside.

I tightened the edges of my jacket in jeans around me as I felt a slight cold wind wrap me before pressing the step in the direction of my car.

I climbed behind the wheel immediately after taking a break to let a sigh pass my lips before concentrating my attention on my windshield in thought.

I creased my lips by retrieving my phone to click on my conversation with Chris before sighing again in a final decision.

I rested my phone in the console before turning on the contact as I was leaving the location in which I was parked.

Chris lived definitely farther away from William than I had imagined it since it was already dark when I stopped in front of the somewhat familiar alley of the big expensive house.

I had only been once at his house and I was definitely always as stunned by the upstream money he and William owned. Well their parents to be more accurate.

Even though my family was in a good financial situation, that kind of thing always had the gift of being surprised.

I was not really a person very interested in the money so I assumed that it also weighed in the balance.

Anyway, I would release a heavy breath, falling back against the seat before slowly unbuckling my belt as I looked at the front of Chris's house.

My phone screen suddenly lit up letting me glance at it before deciding to let it go to the voice mail at the sight of William's ID. I assumed it was not really urgent.

Maybe I should have taken that call. At least I would have been prepared for what I found behind the door of the Schistad household.

Sorry guys !!! CLIFFHANGER.....

Don't forget to comments ;)