Not quite Famous

It was the day after our game of dodgeball and of course we are all startled awake by a loud speaker...again. "alright campers, enough beauty sleep? time to show us what your made of!" Chris yells. I roll around in my bed for a minute, face the pillow and start yelling. If i could i would sleep all day but there is a lot of money on the line and i could really use it.

After a few minutes of pouting about having to get up, i walk outside of my cabin and to Duncan. "Hey princess. Did you dream about me?" He laughs mockingly. Instead of replying i growl and jump on his back. "So I'm guessing you had a bad night?" He asks with a smirk. Mumbling random words into his back, i fall asleep with my arms .wrapped around his neck and my legs wrapped around his waist.
.....
*poke*poke* "princess wake up we're here." I hear Duncan say in a soft soothing voice, sounding nothing like he usually does. Instead of a cocky voice he sounded sweet and gentle. I open one eyelid and smile at him. "what?" He asks confusion clear in his voice. " nothing." I reply with my smile still plastered on my face. He rolls his eyes returning back to his usual self as i notice that we are now sitting on bleachers in front of a stage. " are we going to see a musical? I love musicals! Especially the ones with singing and dancing." Lindsey giggles from across the bleachers. I internally roll my eyes at her stupidity and play with my hands until Chris begins to speak. "Welcome to our brand new, deluxe, state of the art outdoor amphitheater! Okay this weeks challenge is a summer camp favorite, a talent contest." He says excitedly. Owen starts cheering and i sink back in my chair a little. "Each team has eight hours to pick their three most talented campers, these three will represent them in the show tonight. Sing, dance, juggle, anything goes as long as its legal." Chris says looking directly at Duncan. Duncan snaps his finger and points to him while i laugh to the side. "You will be judged by our resident talent scout, former DJ ,VJ ,and rap legend grand master chef who will show his approval via the chef o meter. The team that loses will send one camper home tonight. good luck." He smirks while walking away. I glare at Chris for making me wake up this morning and follow my team behind our cabin. Sadie and caddie start dancing very poorly to a song that mad me cringe and then Tyler tried to do some cool yoyo trick but failed and ended up getting all tangled. Then d.j. Did this thing dance with a piece of silk attached to a stick it was pretty cool but it didn't seem like Courtney liked it. " fine sign him up. Next." She finally said grudgingly. " ooh me, i can stand on my hands for twenty minutes. Watch!" Bridget says while turning upside down. " okay... that would be cute. If you were a monkey." I watch as Courtney fumes in the corner. 'She has got chill out ' i think to my self. " i just don't think its quite what were looking for. Next. " she says rolling her eyes. Harold then walks in front of us all and takes a deep breath." Next." Courtney says without giving him a chance. I give a small frown to Harold and glare a Courtney. Jeff then gets up and pulls out a skateboard and starts doing tricks and cool stunts. "Wow Jeff! I didn't take you for a skater." I say walking up to him." Yah i learned not to long ago." He proudly holds up his board and gives it to me motioning for me to try it out. I gladly take it and start skating around with him chasing after me. Laughing, we both fall on the floor next to each other and start rolling around. " i guess its Jeff, DJ's ribbon thing and Courtney's violin solo" Bridget says looking away from me and Jeff. Jeff then turns to me and says ,"I'm going to be on tv man!" " umm Jeff your already on tv." I giggle back. "O yah. Hello out their dudes!" He yells while smiling at the camera and putting an arm around me. I laugh at Jeff and suddenly I'm lifted off the ground and being hugged by Duncan protectively as he glares at Jeff. "Duncan?" Everyone questions. He realizes what he did as he slowly lets me go and stands beside me blushing. " are you... BLUSHING!" I whisper yell to him. "no way its just h-hot. Yah its just hot." He lies. I giggle at his flustered face and give him a small peck on his cheek.

Soon we were all back at the stage chatting/waiting until Chris says its time to start. " so can you really stand on your hands for twenty minutes?" Jeff asks Bridget while Duncan, DJ, and I play cards. "Want to bet that i cant?" She says holding up chocolate. CHOCOLATE! i immediately stand and run towards the chocolate in her hands. "O Your on." Grabbing some money from my pocket i put it on the table. Everyone else finds something they want to bet and we all stand back and watch her. "Okay twenty minutes starting now." She starts walking on her hands towards Courtney until her foot gets caught on a piece of rope. Suddenly a light begins to fall from the top of the stage towards Courtney. "Watch out!" I yell trying to push her out of the way but missing by a few inches. " oh crap!" Bridget says guilt lacing in her voice. We look at Courtney's broken violin and Harold takes her to the camp nurse.
A while later Me and Bridget walk up to Courtney who now had a bandage wrapped around her head and a broken violin in her arms. "You, you killed my violin." Courtney says glaring daggers towards Bridget. "She didn't mean to and you know that." I say to her trying to calm her rage. " here there must be something we can do." Bridget try's putting it back together only to have it fall apart into small pieces which makes Courtney burst out into sad tears. I sit next to her and try to council her. Chris suddenly calls for everyone to go to the stage if they were going to perform. " good luck guys." i tell DJ ,Jeff ,and Bridget who was now taking Courtney's spot in the talent show. I then go back to the bleachers and sit with Duncan. " Wendy why didn't you try out for the talent show?" Duncan questions me. "guess I'm just not that talented." I nervously chuckle and look away. He shrugs it aside and looks back at the stage.
--------------------------------------------------------------
*Confession
I would of auditioned to sing but i just don't want them to judge me. What if I'm tone deaf and don't even know it?!
--------------------------------------------------------------
" its the TDI talent extravaganza! Welcome to the very first camp wawanakwa talent contest, where six campers will showcase their mad skills and desperately try not to humiliate themselves. First up for the screaming gophers is Justin." Chris says from the stage as Justin comes up. The other team cheers while our team sits and watches. He starts looking at the camera and posing while random lights start flashing out of no where and at the end he pulls a lever that dumped water on him. Everyone starts swooning over him and i look at them confusingly, sure he is attractive but i mean come on thats not a talent. "Okay i don't know what that was but dang you've got some moves dude. 6 points. First up for the killer bass make some noise for the big guy... DJ!" Chris finishes and lets DJ take the stage. We start cheering and he jumps out from behind the curtain and starts dancing with his ribbon. He then gets the ribbon stuck on his leg but pulls it and ends gracefully. " dainty and yet masculine. Lets see what grandmaster chef thinks." Chris signals to the chef o meter. He only gets 2 points. " not much. So with two down and four acts to go its the screaming gophers screaming ahead next on deck... Trent. Take it away my bro." Trent walks up on stage as DJ sadly walks off. " this one goes out to a special someone here at camp." He begins playing and i notice Gwen look up at him blushing.
(Song)
They say that we've only got summer and i say thats really a bummer but well swim in the sun and have lots of fun it'll just be the two of us nothing to do but just hang so let me say only this i'd stick around for just one kiss.
He finishes his song and Chris runs up on stage. "Nice work!I'm liking you style dude, and so does grand master chef. 8 points! All right quit hogging my light buddy." Chris pushes Trent off the stage. "Three down and three to go, and the killer bass are totally sucking so far. Lets hear it for Bridget." He finishes. She walks out on stage standing on two hands then burps. Burps again. And then throws up... everywhere. People start throwing up on each other and Bridget slips into Tyler's arms. "hey ,puke on your own boyfriend." Lindsey shouts angrily. "On your own what Lindsey?" Heather questions. "I didn't say boyfriend." She quickly responds. " clean up in aisle three four five and six. In the meantime we'll take a short break to hose the joint down." Chris then starts making people mop down the stage and bleachers.

" welcome back to the TDI talent extravaganza! Okay so in a strange turn of events Bridgette's chunk blowing fest registered two thumbs up by grandmaster chef. But its not enough to pull ahead of the screaming gophers who hold the lead with Trent's love song. So without further delay here she is for the leaders... heather!" She walks up on stage wearing a ballerina outfit but instead of dancing she sits in a chair and pulls out a book. "Originally I was going to dance for you but instead I want to celebrate team spirit with a collaboration." Heather smirks evilly and waves the book around. "So with words by Gwen, performance by me enjoy, 'OK so I'm trying to ignore him but he's just so cute! If they had custom ordered a guy to be a distraction for me here it would've been mc hottie. We just totally connect. He's pretty much the only person I can relate to here and I know it's cliché but I love guys who play guitar!' Thank you" she closes the book and walks off stage. "Well then it's down to for the final act of the night can Jeff and his rad stunts turn it around? I seriously doubt it let's find out." We all sit in silence and wait for one of our teammates to come out on stage. After a few minutes, when no one comes out on stage me and Duncan go behind stage to see what's going on. "Wendy, you need to go out on stage and perform Jeff's skateboard broke and no one else can go up there. Do you have anything you can do?" asks Courtney with the worried look. No no no. As i was going to respond i look at her then Duncan they both has hopeful eyes. Sighing and realizing it for 100,00 dollars i say, "I guess I can try and sing I'm not very good though." They all start cheering and go sit back on the bleachers, but before they go Courtney gives me a dress. "i was going to wear it for my violin solo but since your gonna be on stage you should wear it." She says sweetly with a smile. I take it thank her and put it on ^ dress below*

 I take it thank her and put it on ^ dress below*

Slowly, i walk out on stage. Gasps are passed through the campers but i ignore them and grab a small keyboard piano then walk up to the microphone.

When i finish singing i look up at everyone and see their faces in awe. Then cheers are heard and i smile 'maybe I'm not a bad singer'. Chris walks out from behind the curtains with tears in his eyes. "That was beautiful! Check it out grand master chef has declared her winner even though they held the lead the screaming gophers have been trampled by the killer bass. And as for the screaming offers pick your favorite loser and I'll see you at the bonfire.
Duncan runs up to me lifts me off the ground and spins me around. "i didn't know you could sing!" He says excitedly. I look down blushing and walk with him back to our cabins before he goes into his cabin a give him a kiss on the lips and before he can say anything i run into my cabin. Jumping into bed i sleep and dream about life after TDI....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi its the author! Sorry if my writing seems a bit weird I'm trying to get used to writing again because its been i while since i undated. I have a schedule on my profile if you want to see when the next update will be. And please make sure to check out my new book 'hello?'
2275 words woot woot !