38

As ever, away from the usual solitude that hung about the theatre, the streets were as bustling as ever, even at this mid-morning time; it seemed people didn't waste any time coming over from the mainland, Fleurette could understand, to a point. After all, if she worked in the city, she too would want to venture out and go somewhere completely different, somewhere freer, without much cares in the world. The island in which she had come to call home was definitely that, not saying there weren't rules and regulations, however the law was a little more lax. There was a police presence, sure, but she could say it was perhaps less so here than the city where the presence probably could be felt, if not in a more oppressive manner.

This whole island was designed for fun, joy, families were welcome, couples were welcome, it was a place to forget troubles just for one day and just lose oneself in the entertainment which was around. From fairground rides, to shows, shows which differed from the ones she herself were in, even punting in a manmade canal, there was literally everything for someone; that was without even taking into consideration the restaurants and hotels which were dotted about. When not in a show, and when venturing out with Meg, or even Fleck, and the rare times Erik, Fleurette could say she had come to really love living here. It was so unlike anywhere else, those which inhabited the island were their own little community, they all helped each other, and they all got along; so different from the city were there was always strife in some way.

Granted, Fleurette didn't inhabit the city for very long, but what she did experience she found displeasure in. There were a lot of people seemingly out of work, living on streets, buildings left to ruin and wreckage, those with money seemed to stay away from certain parts, and she could say she didn't blame them, after all, that abandoned building she lived in for a small time was horrendous. Likewise, so was her stuff being stolen...nothing had been pinched and spirited away here.

Why would she want to leave somewhere, where she had never felt such...liberation, such freedom and ease? The thought caused her to feel discomfort, a pain which appeared in her chest and just made her feel a little bit sick. She had settled, the others had settled, they were all one big dysfunctional family, but they all got along, and they did all love each other regardless of any squabbles which usually happened; although these were usually from Gangle and Squelch teasing each other, and it getting out of hand and Fleck having to shut both males up.

The thought of the smaller woman shaking her fists at the males using quite colourful language was amusing. But regardless, five minutes later they'd all be best friends again. She loved those she lived with, and she loved this life that she had found and made for herself; regardless of her little hiccup on the road of life, it wasn't like Erik didn't know he had still done wrong with inviting Christine here, Meg for sure definitely still made it known how ticked she was that her acts had been halved or hacked out of the show completely. Erik wasn't fully out of the doghouse, but he was getting there, Fleurette had forgiven but not forgotten, after all.

But see, regardless of that aspect, she loved him dearly and how could she leave him behind? Fleurette knew full well that Eleanor was going to go full force here, Erik would be the main target, and Fleurette knew that, she was also very aware to how Erik was, well, Erik. He wasn't everyone's cup of tea, and he was borderline very difficult at times, but that didn't mean he wasn't a good person, deep down he was as fragile as the rest of them; and she knew leaving, not that she even contemplated it, but leaving would break him.

She didn't think leaving all of this behind, including him would warrant him returning to how he was all those years ago, when Christine had basically shafted him, and he was still carrying a lot of hurt, but Fleurette did think it would still affect him badly. But that wasn't to say she was wanting to stay through the fact she wouldn't be able to live with this unbearable guilt, no, no she was wanting to stay because of love for those around her, and the theatre.